Communication Navigation Surveillance Service Engineer – F/M
ESSP, a dynamic French company open to the world, is looking for a CNS Service Engineer for a Permanent - Full-time Contract in Madrid.
We work with highly skilled teams and our employees come from different backgrounds and disciplines, from aeronautics to aerospace, engineering to telecommunications. This diversity allows the company great flexibility to adapt to new needs and challenges.
We are eager to provide the best quality services through safe and efficient operations and management systems. We are expanding and always looking for new talents.
To find out more about us, we invite you to visit our website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/human-resources/careers/
Some videos are also available on YouTube for you to discover our activities:
And a lot more videos are available.
If you have proficiency in Communication Navigation Surveillance (CNS) and have at least 3 years of experience in aeronautical communications focus in data link, then this position is for you!
By joining us, you will provide ESSP technical support activities focused on Service Provision in the on-going projects based in Satellite Communication and activities linked to CNS (Communication Navigation Surveillance) Services.
- Bringing a technical support in different activities and deliveries related to CNS Services projects (e.g. data link communications), mainly to:
o Contribution to technical arcquitecture definition;
o Contribution to service modelling and concept of operations characterization based on applicable regulatory framework and standards;
o Contribution to technical studies and assessments of different technologies (SATCOM/IRIS European Space Agency programme, VHF DataLink Mode 2 (VDLm2)), state of the art for CNS;
o Service provision requirements definition and pre-operational service validation test campaign contribution.
- Participation in technical meetings related to CNS projects;
- Participation/Contribution to international fora related to CNS (i.e: Eurocontrol, SESAR,etc.);
- Contribution to reporting for CNS projects highlighting the current status of activities and next improvements;
- Technical contribution in the preparation of potential tenders related to CNS areas in line with ESSP business strategy.
- Good capacity of analysis, synthesis and reporting
- Team player spirit
- High Level of English (B1-B2) - CEFRL
- Spanish (desirable)
- Ability to assume responsibilities
- Relevant knowledge in CNS/ATM technologies, especially focused on datalink technologies (ACARS: Aircraft Communication Addressing and Reporting System, VDL Mode 2, SatCom, Aeronautical Telecommunication Network such as ATN/OSI, ATN IPS)
- Good understanding of European regulation (such as, but not limited to, Single European Sky regulatory framework and European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) regulation) as well as applicable standards (ICAO, EUROCAE, RTCA, ARINC…)
- Good understanding of datalink communication services supporting ACARS-based applications, ATN-B1, ATS-B2 & ATS-B3
Minimum 3 years of experience in aeronautical communications, with special focus in data link (DLS) and/or satellite technologies (SATCOM/IRIS ESA Program).
Engineering degree or equivalent.
Experience in international and multi-stakeholder projects (EC, SESAR, CINEA, ESA Program among others).
Availability for regular travels, especially in Europe.
You can send your application file by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Job Location: Madrid (Spain)
Type of Contract: Full time - Permanent Contract
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.