Communication Navigation Surveillance Service Expert – F/M (2 positions)
ESSP, a dynamic French company open to the world, is looking for a CNS Service Expert for a Permanent – Full-time Contract in Madrid.
We work with highly skilled teams and our employees come from different backgrounds and disciplines, from aeronautics to aerospace, engineering to telecommunications. This diversity allows the company great flexibility to adapt to new needs and challenges.
We are eager to provide the best quality services through safe and efficient operations and management systems. We are expanding and always looking for new talents.
To find out more about us, we invite you to visit our website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/human-resources/careers/
Some videos are also available on YouTube for you to discover our activities:
And a lot more videos are available.
If you have proficiency in Communication Navigation Surveillance (CNS) and have at least 6 years of experience in aeronautical communications focus in data link services and applications, then this position is for you!
By joining us, you will provide technical lead activities focused on Service Provision in the on-going projects based in Satellite Communication and activities linked to CNS (Communication Navigation Surveillance) Services.
- Bringing a technical lead and expertise in all activities and deliveries related to CNS Services (e.g. data link communications), mainly to:
o Technical architecture definition;
o Definition of service modelling and concept of operations characterization based on applicable regulatory framework and standards;
o Lead on technical studies and assessments of different technologies (SATCOM/IRIS ESA Program, VHF DataLink Mode 2(VDLm2)), state of the art for CNS;
o Service provision requirements definition and business case activities contribution
o Support to service provision of CNS services and lead the Pre-Operational Service validation test
- Leads technical meetings related to CNS projects;
- Participation to international fora related to CNS (i.e: Eurocontrol, SESAR,etc.);
- Report on CNS projects highlighting the current status of activities and next improvements;
- Technical lead in the identification and preparation of potential tenders related to CNS areas in line with ESSP business strategy.
- Good capacity of analysis, synthesis and reporting
- Team player spirit
- High Level of English (B1-B2) - CEFRL
- Spanish (desirable)
- Ability to assume responsibilities
- Deep knowledge in Communication Navigation Surveillance (CNS) /Air Traffic Management (ATM) technologies, especially foused on datalink technologies (Aircraft Communication Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS), VDL Mode 2, SATCOM-IRIS, Aeronautical Telecommunication Network such as ATN/OSI and ATN IPS)
- Good understanding of European regulation (such as, but not limited to, Single European Sky regulatory framework and EASA regulation) as well as applicable standards (ICAO, EUROCAE, RTCA, ARINC…)
- Deep understanding of datalink communication services supporting ACARS-based applications, ATN-B1, ATS-B2 & ATS-B3
Minimum 6 years of experience in aeronautical communications, with especial focus in data link (DLS) services and applications, and/or satellite technologies (SATCOM/IRIS ESA Program).
Engineering degree or equivalent
Experience in international and multi-stakeholder projects
Available for regular travels, especially in Europe
You can send your application file by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Job Location: Madrid (Spain)
Type of Contract: Full time – Permanent Contract
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.