Communication Officer (M/F)
Based in ESSP’s Madrid office, the Communication Officer is the focal point for all corporate and external communication activities. He/she reports to the company CEO. In his/her duties, the communication officer has the support of a communication assistant who reports to him/her.
Communication Officer’s main responsibilities:
The Communication officer has a double responsibility within the ESSP:
1/ For the Service Provision Unit (SPU - Madrid):
He/she supports the communication activities related to the EGNOS services promotion. This includes a set of duties aiming to promote and disseminate news about the EGNOS Service provision, maintaining regular contact and coordination with the European Commission/GSA communication teams - in Prague and Brussels - in order to ensure coherence in the overall EGNOS Promotion plan and activities.
He/she supports the customer (EC/GSA) and the SPU service adoption team for the preparation of external events such as conferences and workshops, or meetings of user forums. For example, he/.she:
• Defines guidelines for the material presentations;
• Delivers oral presentations [by the adequate ESSP expert];• Attends to events;
• Elaborates and maintains a contact database of key actors and organizers of events• Creates and distributes (in coordination with the customer (GSA) and the service adoption team) of relevant information regarding EGNOS and the different Services Declaration;
• Organizes the yearly EGNOS service provision workshop.
2/ For the Company Headquarter (Toulouse):
He/she supports the CEO and other Toulouse-based units in terms of corporate communication (internal and external).
This includes a set of activities aimed to reinforce ESSP image among the staff, shareholders, industry and other aviation and satellite navigation stakeholders. For example, he/she:
• Prepares promotion material such as brochures, leaflets, videos, etc.;
• Tracks file news related to EGNOS and ESSP and communicates them internally;
• Ensures that the ESSP corporate website is maintained up-to-date;
• Maintains internal communication tools, i.e. ESSP Internal Newsletter;
• Coordinates ESSP public relations activities;
• Organizes and coordinates events.
• Fluent in Spanish
• High Level of English (C1 – C2) - CECRL
• A satisfactory knowledge of French is preferable
• Strong organization skills
• Strong communication and public relation skills
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to implement the actions of the most effective communication and liaising with stakeholders of the company (internal, external) and media (journalists...)
• Strong interpersonal skills to maintain and develop a network of relations and dialogue with various European stakeholders
• Ability to show a permanent will to produce the expected results while taking into account the strategic orientations and actions decided by the company, as well as other external elements, to promote and act as much as possible in favor of the company.
• Temporary contract of one year
• Available for travels, mainly in Europe (typically once/twice per month)
• Minimum 10 years of experience in communication or marketing within commercial services
• University degree preferably in communication
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Torrejón de Ardoz, Madrid (Spain)