CPF & Software Development Engineer – F/M
ESSP, a dynamic French company open to the world, is looking for a CPF & software Development Engineer for a Permanent – Full-time Contract in Toulouse.
We work with highly skilled teams and our employees come from different backgrounds and disciplines, from aeronautics to aerospace, engineering to telecommunications. This diversity allows the company great flexibility to adapt to new needs and challenges.
We are eager to provide the best quality services through safe and efficient operations and management systems. We are expanding and always looking for new talents.
To find out more about us, we invite you to visit our website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/human-resources/careers/
Some videos are also available on YouTube for you to discover our activities:
And a lot more videos are available.
We are looking for a CPF & Software Development Engineer needed for a technical expertise relating to the CPF (Central Processing Facility) subsystem and, the development and maintenance of software tools that monitor the EGNOS system. If you good technical knowledge of GNSS systems and space domain algorithms, and around 3 years’ experience in programming and software engineering, then is position is for you!
CPF technical expertise activity:
You will be responsible for:
- detection and analysis of any failure and/or abnormal event on the CPF subsystem and tracking of its correction and qualification;
- Synthesis of CPF events for the reports due to the client, in particular the system performance report;
- the provision of the expert support on CPF algorithms;
- the generation of new PRN (Pseudo Range Number) mask configurations;
- the provision of internal support to the teams and external support to the MCCs (Monitoring & Control Centres), for the CPF operations, maintenance and configuration management;
- Support for updating CPF operational and maintenance procedures as well as for analysing training needs and validating training materials for CPF procedures;
- carry out part of the maintenance of the CPF on site;
- the review of CPF/System documentation when developing new versions of EGNOS (V2 and V3)
Concerning the software development activity:
Responsible for maintenance of the following software:
- SYSMON (System Monitoring): Set of offline EGNOS data processing tools allowing the status of the EGNOS subsystems to be presented on a website; to generate the list of significant system events; to generate system performance reports and ESSP Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as an EGNOS service provider.
- RTM: Real-time EGNOS subsystem monitoring software
- Various CPF and CCF configuration and analysis tools (including PRN_mask_tool).
You may participle to the development of new software (especially for EGNOS V3)
- Team spirit
- Analytical skills (problem solving, analysis of formal documents)
- Ability to synthesize and write technical documents
- Ability to adapt and self-train
- Good level of English (B1-B2) – CEFR
- Good technical knowledge of GNSS systems and space domain algorithms
- Knowledge of software development cycles
- Good knowledge of MMI and/or real-time software development
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP communication protocols and of security protocols (SSL, SSH, SFTP, etc.)
- Knowledge of the operations of secure systems (space or aeronautical systems in general)
- Knowledge of system supervision tools
Available for occasional trips mainly in Europe
Subject to minimum presence constraints during the usual holiday periods (July/August, Christmas, February, Easter) and may occasionally be required to be on call (weekend and/or night) according to ESSP scheme in force.
You can send your application file by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of Contract: Full time – Permanent Contract
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.