Customer & Data Service Engineer (M/F)
Within the Customer and Data Services (CDS) team, the Customer and Data Services Engineer is in charge of the maintenance and evolution of the CDS tools used to support the recurrent activities in EDAS (EGNOS Data Access Service) and NOTAM (Notice to Airmen) operations, of the implementation of different actions within the team scope from the EGNOS Multimodal Adoption (EMA) action plan, and contributes to different promotion, and CDS project activities.
Customer & Data Service Engineer’s main responsibilities:
The CDS Engineer is responsible for:
- The management and evolution of the CDS tools used to support the recurrent activities in EDAS and NOTAM operations.
- The management and evolution of new tools/applications aimed at promoting and/or exploiting EDAS/NOTAM data.
- Support to the EGNOS Multimodal Adoption actions assigned to the CDS team (mainly EDAS and NOTAM related).
- Support to the User Satisfaction actions assigned to the CDS team (mainly EDAS and NOTAM related).
- Implementation of / Contribution to research/promotion initiatives within the CDS team scope (articles, papers).
- Contribution to the implementation of project activities as per CDS team scope.
- Support to the execution of the recurrent CDS team activities, in particular:
- NOTAM proposals service operation,
- Support to the NOTAM proposals service monitoring and maintenance,
- Support to the EDAS performance monitoring and anomaly analysis,
- Back-up of Service Level Agreement (SLA) Management Engineer during absences for regular SLA and Key Performan Indicators (KPI) reporting activities to the Customer,
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Good capacity of analysis and synthesis
- Team player spirit
- Good English Level (B1-B2) - CECRL
- Ability to assume responsibilities
- Project management
- SW and tools development, evolution and maintenance
- Knowledge in C/C++, Matlab and scripting required
- Experience in GNSS including common protocols/formats for streaming of GNSS data.
- Good knowledge of EGNOS and GNSS technologies in general
Available for regular travel, especially in Europe
Minimum five years of experience in the GNSS sector and software development background/experience.
Engineering Master degree or equivalent
Experience in projects in an international context (European)
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Torrejón de Ardoz, Madrid (Spain)
Type of Contract: Full time/ Permanent contract