Datalink Service Engineer (M/F)
Report directly to the Service Evolution Manager, the Datalink Service Engineer will be supporting ESSP activities in the on-going projects linked to Data Link Services.
Datalink Service Engineer’s main responsibilities
- Technical support in all activities and deliveries related to Data Link Services (DLS) projects:
• Contribution to technical architecture definition
• Contribution to service model and concept of operations characterization based on applicable regulatory framework and standards.
• Contribution to capacity study and assessment of other complementary technologies such as SATCOM
• Performance and safety requirements definition
• Contribution to business case activities
- Participation in technical meetings related to DLS projects
- Contribution to reporting for DLS projects highlighting the current status of activities, next steps, issues/risks identified
- Technical contribution in the preparation of potential tenders related to DLS/SATCOM
- Good capacity of analysis and synthesis
- Team player spirit
- High Level of English (B1-B2) - CECRL- Spanish (desirable)
- Ability to assume responsibilities- Proactiveness/initiative
- Relevant knowledge in CNS/ATM technologies, especially foused on datalink technologies (ACARS, VDL Mode 2, SatCom, ATN/OSI, ATN IPS)
- Good understanding of datalink communication services supporting ACARS-based applications, ATN-B1, ATN-B2 & ATN-B3
- Good understanding of European regulation such as, but not limited to, Single European Sky regulatory framework, EASA basic regulation as well as applicable standards (ICAO, EUROCAE, RTCA, ARINC…)
Other preferable skills:
- Understanding of satellite-based controller/pilot datalink supporting air traffic management communications
- Good understanding of ICAO Aviation System Block Upgrade and Global Air Navigation Plan
- Knowledge of datalink avionics
Available for regular trips, mainly in Europe
Minimum 3 years of experience in aeronautical datalink (DLS) and applications and 2 years of experience in a field relevant to satellite communications (SATCOM).
Engineering degree or equivalentExperience in projects in an international context (European)
Temporary Contract: until the end of 2020.
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Job Location: Torrejón de Ardoz, Madrid (Spain)