Datalink Service Expert – F/M
ESSP, a dynamic French company open to the world, is looking for a Datalink Service Expert for a Permanent - Full-time Contract in Madrid.
We work with highly skilled teams and our employees come from different backgrounds and disciplines, from aeronautics to aerospace, engineering to telecommunications. This diversity allows the company great flexibility to adapt to new needs and challenges.
We are eager to provide the best quality services through safe and efficient operations and management systems. We are expanding and always looking for new talents.
To find out more about us, we invite you to visit our website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/humanresources/careers/
Some videos are also available on YouTube for you to discover our activities:
And a lot more videos are available.
By joining us, you will be leading the activities in Data Link Services.
Your main responsibilities/activities will be:
- Lead and expertise in all activities and deliveries related to Data Link Services (DLS):
- Technical arcquitecture definition;
- Definition of service modelling and concept of operations characterization based on applicable regulatory framework and standards;
- Lead on capacity studies and assessments of different technologies such as Satellites Communications (SATCOM);
Performance and safety requirements definition;
- Contribution to business case activities;
- Support to service provison of DLS services;
- Lead technical meetings related to DLS projects;
- Report on DLS projects highlighting the current status of activities, next steps, issues/risks identified;
- Technical lead in the preparation of potential tenders related to DLS/ SATCOM.
- Good capacity of analysis, synthesis and reporting
- Team player spirit
- High Level of English (B1-B2) - CEFRL
- Spanish (desirable)
- Ability to assume responsibilities
- Deep knowledge in Communication Navigation Surveillance (CNS) /Air Traffic Management (ATM) technologies, especially foused on datalink technologies (ACARS, VDL Mode 2, SatCom, ATN/OSI, ATN IPS)
- Good understanding of European regulation (such as, but not limited to, Single European Sky regulatory framework and EASA regulation) as well as applicable standards (ICAO, EUROCAE, RTCA, ARINC…)
- Deep understanding of datalink communication services supporting ACARS-based applications, ATN-B1, ATN-B2 & ATN-B3
Other preferable skills:
o Understanding of satellite-based controller/pilot datalink supporting air traffic management communications
o Good understanding of ICAO Aviation System Block Upgrade and Global Air Navigation Plan
o Knowledge of datalink avionics
Minimum 6 years of experience in aeronautical datalink (DLS) and applications with at least 2 years of experience in a field relevant to satellite communications (SATCOM).
Engineering degree or equivalent
Experience in international and multi-stakeholder projects
You can send your application file by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Job Location: Madrid (Spain)
Type of Contract: Full time - Permanent Contract
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.