EGNOS Operations Technician (M/F)
Report directly to the Operations Coordinator, the Operations Technician is responsible for short-term and mid-term coordination of EGNOS operations, by ensuring the production and the follow-up of EGNOS operations planning, the support to control centers, contributing to the ground segment configuration management, and the functional administration of the operations management tool.
Operations Technician’s main responsibilities:
Is responsible for:
- The elaboration and the distribution of the EGNOS weekly planning of Operations (called JOS) according to the constraints imposed by the planification process of EGNOS Operations, and in relationship with the Engineering support teams. This includes activiries such as preventive maintenance, network interventions, deployment of new configurations or new versions of the system, or any other operation;
- The preparation and the attendance to the weekly operation control board (OCB), in charge of the follow-up and the common understanding of the operations planning;
- The weekly attendance to the daily operations monitoring board (OMB), and the processing of the actions raised;
- Monitoring the proper execution of the operational activities planned in the Operations planning (JOS). This monitoring will be carried out by the analysis of "Work Orders" registered in the Operations Management tool (TOM) and the direct contacts with the control centers (MCC) and/or the sites hosting the different components of the EGNOS system (CPF, RIMS and NLES);
- Supporting MCC Operators in their mission of supervizing the EGNOS system (planned activities as well as incidents). This support will be ensured by the follow-up of "Trouble Tickets" generated and escalated by MCC Operators in the Operations Management tool (TOM), and in relationship with the Engineering support teams;
- As main user of the Operations Management tool (TOM), the Operations Technician will be the functional administrator, in charge of providing operational expertise to the maintenance and evolutions of the tool, and expressing new needs;
- The follow-up and the analysis of potential deviations of the MCC Operators and EGNOS Maintainers, in relationship with the MCCManagers;
- The contribution to the configuration management activities of the EGNOS system, in particular the post-processing of industrial inputs and the production of the applicable configurations for the EGNOS operators, thanks to the dedicated tool (ESSCONF), and in relationship inside the team with the EGNOS configuration manager;
- The direct contribution to the operations of the EGNOS-TEST system from the dedicated control center (TCC);
- The management of access requirements on operational sites (MCC, NLES, RIMS) according to the local regulations, in particular for the maintenance operations carried out by the industries under the contract with ESSP (eg TAS, BT).
- Strong autonomy, shows initiative
- Able to synthetize, global vision of a system and its constraints
- Strong ability to work within a team
- Good relational skills
- Ability to assume responsibilities
- Good level of English (B1-B2) CECRL
- Knowledge of complex systems operations
Subject to the constraints of minimum presence during periods of normal holidays (July / August, Christmas, February, Easter), or before or after bank holidays.
Preliminary experience in operations field, particularly space or aeronautics operations.
Qualified technician degree or the equivalent.
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of contract: Full time/ Permanent Contract