GNSS Receiver & Data Analysis Expert (M/F)
Monitoring, analysing and reporting of GNSS performances using receivers in dynamic campaigns and in the GNSS receiver platform. Follow-up and analysis of GNSS standards evolutions.
GNSS Receiver & Data Analysis Expert’s main responsibilities:
• To provide expert support to GSA for the standardization of EGNOS shipborne receivers (e.g. receiver guidelines) and on-the-field demonstrations of service at user level.
• To provide expert support to GSA for the adoption of EGNOS in different applications (agriculture, surveying, maritime) considering that the interface with users is the receiver.
• To participate in GNSS implementation projects, Consultancy Services and other activities involving collection and analysis of GNSS data via GNSS Receivers.
• To support activities within EGNOS Multimodal Adoption Plan.
• To Operate the GNSS receiver lab and perform the required activities in order to guarantee the processing of data and the analysis of receiver performances.
• Identification, assessment and notification of receiver performance anomalies.
• To coordinate and execute GNSS data measuring campaigns in different environments, making use of the GNSS Receiver Lab assets, including the definition of the measurement scenarios.
• To generate GNSS performance reports based on receiver data analysis and measurements, considering the different figures/values in terms of integrity, continuty, accuracy and availabilty.
• To perform local environment characterization campaigns including aspects such as multipath, RF interference and signal blockage due to obstacles.
• To install and configure GNSS receivers and associated equipment on-board different vehicles (e.g. bikes, drones, airplanes, vessels, trains) and platforms.
• To verify and validate GNSS receivers for different markets.
• To provide support to other activities related with the exploitation of GNSS Receiver Lab, standardization and EGNOS V2/V3 Mission evolution.
• To follow-up of GNSS standards evolutions and analysis of the changes, considering the potential impact in the EGNOS Service.
• To participate to workshops and conferences related to the activities mentioned above.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good analysis and investigation skills
- Anticipation and adaptability
- High level of English (B2-C1) – CECRL
- Deep knowledge in GNSS receivers and data processing Experience working in international environments with EC/GSA/ESA
- Deep knowledge of EGNOS and GNSS technology
- Capacity to problem solving
- Have an acrid mind of analysis and synthesis
Available for international travels.
Minimum 5 years of experience in satellite navigation (GNSS), including receivers, operation and analysis of GNSS performance
Engineering degree or equivalent
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Torrejón de Ardoz, Madrid (Spain)
Type of Contract: Full time/ Permanent contract