GNSS & Space Weather Engineer (F/M)
ESSP, a private company with 7 major European Air Navigation Service Providers as shareholders, manages the operation and supports the adoption of the European Satellite Based Augmentation System to GPS: EGNOS.
ESSP Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojO8TAitQoc
The adoption of this service is rapidly growing given it allows correcting the GPS signal and offers enhanced features with accurate positioning and integrity within safety-of-life services context such as public transportation.
ESSP Website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/careers/
ESSP recruits a:
GNSS & Space Weather Engineer (F/M)
Contributes to the GNSS part of the 24/7 ICAO space weather information service: Monitoring of Space Weather (SW) situation including advisory issuance, management of Space Weather data processing. Ensures EGNOS Signal in Space performance monitoring and degradation events recording.
Space Weather main activities:
- Responsible for the maintenance and evolution of the space weather monitoring chain and other related software/tools.
- Technical point of contact with space weather product providers.
- Coordination with other members of the team, in particular for handover as a deputy of SW project manager Forecaster role:
o Space weather situation monitoring and analysis of any potential impact in GNSS performance for aviation.
o Exploitation of the monitoring chains results and third parties data/outputs. Advisory issuance when needed and space weather situation analysis.
o Participation in the handover with other global centers and provision of related materials
- Contribution to the coordination activities with other actors of the service (partners…)
- Participation in international workshops related to space weather in particular those addressing the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) service.
EGNOS performance monitoring main activities:
- Monitoring of the EGNOS signal performances including the characterization of observed degradations;
- Detection, analysis and monitoring of anomalies related to signal performance
- Provision of technical reports addressing underperformance events or EGNOS SIS related studies.
- Coordination with other members of the engineering team (Radio Frequency, Network…) for more accurate performance characterization and root cause identification;
- Contribution to the development/evolution of GNSS EGNOS SIS tools to meet performance monitoring requirements.
- Strong autonomy and rigor
- Ability to assume responsibilities
- Showing initiative and synthesis capabilities
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Team worker and good coordinator
- Good level of English (B1-B2) - CEFR
- Background on space weather and knowledge of space weather impact on signal propagation and receivers (GNSS field in particular)
- Technical knowledge of GNSS technologies, knowledge of SBAS system and of EGNOS in particular is a plus.
- Knowledge of space systems operations and real time service delivery.
- Experience in software development and data processing (Matlab/Python).
- Available for on-call duty during weekends and public holidays (daytime work, for 10 to 15 days per year)
- Available for work starting on 06 UTC for supporting ACFJ internal handover (about 20 days per year)
- Engineer degree or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in in Space Weather, satellite, radio navigation and aeronautic domain
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Toulouse, (France)
Type of Contract: Full time/ Permanent contract
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.