Internship in Engineering (M/F)
Purpose of the Internship:Evaluation of the performances of CNES’ PPP algorithms with the aim of integrating them on drones
The trainee will be part of the Engineering Team within the Service Operation Unit department and supervised by the System Monitoring & CPF Engineer.
Engineering trainee’s main duties:The trainee’s mission will be to:
- Check the performance of CNES’ PPP algorithms in dynamic mode (ie: for users in motion). To do so, he/she will rely on :
- RINEX data from different UAV flights situations.
- Post-processing RTK tools (ex: Trimble Total Control) to calculate reference trajectories.
- CNES’ tool « PPP-wizard » to apply PPP corrections on the trajectory in the post-treatment phase.
- Write procedures in order to produce corrected trajectories in PPP but also corrected trajectories in RTK post-treatment.
- Based on the achieved results, he/she will :
- Determine the optimal conditions that will allow reaching the most precise positions (the lower gap between the reference trajectory and the RTK trajectory).
- Write a synthesis of achieved results.
- Depending of the internship progress he/she might:
- Begin to investigate the feasibility to take permanent solutions on board that could allow corrections in real time and autonomously the GPS position of the UAV.
- Spirit of initiative, organizational and editorial spirit
- Ability to work in a team
- General knowledge in GNSS and Navigation
- Knowledge of RTK and PPP techniques
- Knowledge of UAV flights controllers / GNSS receivers
Job features:Final year internship from 5 to 6 months
Start date: first quarter of 2017.
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Internship Location: Toulouse (France)