Network Evolutions Expert – F/M
ESSP, a private company with 7 major European Air Navigation Service Providers as shareholders, manages the operation and supports the adoption of the European Satellite Based Augmentation System to GPS: EGNOS.
ESSP Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojO8TAitQoc
The adoption of this service is rapidly growing given it allows correcting the GPS signal and offers enhanced features with accurate positioning and integrity within safety-of-life services context such as public transportation.
ESSP Website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/human-resources/careers/
By joining us, you will be in charge of EWAN1 technical expertise and its evolutions. If you have at least 5 years of experience in the management of a Wide Area Network, then this position is for you!
Managing network evolutions projects (obsolescence resolution, security improvement, support to Industry):
- Ensure the project management from its definition until its implementation;
- Coordinate the project with the different teams impacted by the network modification ;
- Produce the “Design Definition and Validation Plan” associated to the network modification; schedule and lead all the “Key-Points” meetings of the project;
- Define the SoW2 to the Industry (participation to the Key-Points, review of technical documentation…);
- Ensure the on-site missions.
Support Evolutions team:
- Specify new needs that could be included in future EGNOS releases;
- Ensure the new releases follow-up and support the definition of deployment plans;
- Execute the deployment plan when an expert intervention is required.
The performance and anomalies analysis related to the network subsystem:
- Detect, analyse abnormal events on the EWAN subsystems and provide associated support;
- Participate to the meetings where incidents are discussed with the Telecom provider;
- Provide support for KPI follow-up required;
- Analyse the anomalies detected on the EWAN subsystem or on other subsystems where network issues are suspected; follow-up their correction in line with the anomaly process.
- Support the Operations team for the scheduling of network maintenances; participate to reviews. Interface with the Telecom provider to ensure the proper implementation of the decisions taken;
- Support the Operations team for the maintenance of EWAN operational procedures (updates analysis, execution and validations of updates);
- Provide guidance to the MCC3 Operators and the Hosting Entities in case of problems when executing operational procedures.
Maintain the tools used for the daily analysis of EWAN performances:
- Raise the anomalies observed on the tools used for the daily performance analysis;
- Propose evolutions in view of improving the EWAN performance analysis follow-up.
You will be a referent for Network expertise. You will coordinate within the Network team tasks on certain files or technical notes and may have to replace the Network Manager in his/her absence.
1 EGNOS Wide Area Network
2 Statement of Work
3 Mission Control Centre
- Rigour and strong autonomy
- Initiative and synthesis spirit
- Technical leadership and capability to assume responsibilities
- Skills in Microsoft software suites (MSOffice, MSProject, etc.)
- General knowledge of each layer of the OSI model (Open Systems Interconnection)
- Following protocols : Ethernet, MPLS, SDH, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP
- Good knowledge of satellite communications systems
- Knowledge of Switch/Routers/Firewalls Cisco CLI environment (Command Line Interface)
- Programming languages: Python, Shell
- Network tools : Wireshark, HP OpenView
- Grafana and InfluxDB knowledge would be appreciated
Language: English (B2) – CEFR.
Engineering degree in Telecom or equivalent.
Available for punctual travels mainly in Europe.
Subject to constraints of minimum presence during normal vacation periods (July/August, Christmas, February, Easter) and to on-call duty during weekends and bank holidays.
Human Resources information:
Element of package of remuneration:
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of Contract: Full time - Permanent Contract
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.