Network Evolutions Expert – F/M
ESSP, a private company with 7 major European Air Navigation Service Providers as shareholders, manages the operation and supports the adoption of the European Satellite Based Augmentation System to GPS: EGNOS.
ESSP Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojO8TAitQoc
The adoption of this service is rapidly growing given it allows correcting the GPS signal and offers enhanced features with accurate positioning and integrity within safety-of-life services context such as public transportation.
ESSP Website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/careers/
By joining us, you will be in charge of EWAN (EGNOS Wide Area Network) technical expertise and its evolutions. If you have at least 5 years of experience in the management of a Wide Area Network with a good level of English, then this position is for you!
Managing network evolutions projects (obsolescence resolution, security improvement, support to Industry…):
- Ensure the project management from its definition until its implementation;
- Interact with teams to define the local support required;
- Coordinate the project with the different teams impacted by the network modification
- Produce the “Design Definition and Validation Plan” associated to the network modification; schedule and lead all the “Key-Points” meetings of the project;
- Define the Statement of Work to the Industry (participation to the Key-Points, review of technical documentation…);
- Ensure the on-site missions when required.
Support Evolutions team:
- Specify new needs that could be included in future EGNOS releases;
- Ensure the new releases follow-up and support the definition of deployment plans;
- Execute the deployment plan when an expert intervention is required.
The performance and anomalies analysis related to the network subsystem:
- Detect and analyse, on a daily basis abnormal events (ex: network interruptions) on the EWAN subsystems and provide the associated support, within the Engineering team;
- Participate to the weekly meetings where incidents are discussed with the Telecom provider;
- Provide support for the follow-up of the KPI required; participate to monthly meeting with the Telecom provider;
- Analyse the anomalies detected on the EWAN subsystem or on other subsystems where network issues are suspected; follow-up their correction in line with the Anomaly process.
- Support the Operations team for the scheduling of network maintenances; participate to the weekly JOS (“Joint Operations Schedule”) reviews. Interface with the Telecom provider to ensure the proper implementation of the decisions taken;
- Support the Operations team for the maintenance of EWAN operational procedures (updates analysis, execution and validations of updates);
- Provide guidance to the MCC (Mission Control Centre) Operators and the Hosting Entities in case of problems when executing operational procedures.
Maintain the tools used for the daily analysis of EWAN performances:
- Raise the anomalies observed on the tools used for the daily performance analysis;
- Propose evolutions in view of improving the EWAN performance analysis follow-up.
You will be a referent for Network expertise. You will coordinate within the Network team tasks on certain files or technical notes and may have to replace the Network Manager in his/her absence.
- Strong autonomy
- Initiative and synthesis spirit
- Technical leadership and capability to assume responsibilities
- Team player spirit
- Skills in Microsoft software suites (MSOffice, MSProject, etc.)
- High English level (B2) – CEFR
- General knowledge of each layer of the OSI model (Open Systems Interconnection)
- Good knowledge of the following protocols : Ethernet, MPLS, SDH, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP
- Good knowledge of satellite communications systems
- Knowledge of Switch/Routers/Firewalls Cisco CLI environment (Command Line Interface)
- Programming languages: Python, Shell
- Network tools : Wireshark, HP OpenView
- Grafana and InfluxDB knowledge would be appreciated
- Animation and coordination activities of other team members,
Available for punctual travels mainly in Europe
Subject to constraints of minimum presence during normal vacation periods (July/August, Christmas, February, Easter) and to on-call duty during weekends and bank holidays.
Telecom Engineering or equivalent
You can send your application file by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of Contract: Full time - Permanent Contract
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.