Network Tools Engineer – F/M
ESSP, a private company with 7 major European Air Navigation Service Providers as shareholders, manages the operation and supports the adoption of the European Satellite Based Augmentation System to GPS: EGNOS.
ESSP Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojO8TAitQoc
The adoption of this service is rapidly growing given it allows correcting the GPS signal and offers enhanced features with accurate positioning and integrity within safety-of-life services context such as public transportation.
ESSP Website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/careers/
By joining us, you will be in charge of technique expertise activities related to supervision, tests and analysis on network EWAN (EGNOS Wide Area Network). If you have at least 3 years of experience in Software Development with a good level of English, then this position is for you!
The maintenance of the tools used by the network team:
- Administration of the Network monitoring processing chain (Perfewan);
- Administration of the remote sites monitoring processing chain (Garfunkel);
- Inventory and document the tools used by the team for technical investigation and monitoring;
- Interface with teams to maintain the test platform AIVP (Assembly Integration and Verification Platform) network and to manage hardware and software configurations;
- Functional tests on the AIV platform (ex: reproduction of network problems…).
The evolution of the existing tools and the development of new ones:
- Ensure the evolutions of Perfewan and Garfunkel: real-time data processing, integration of new EGNOS releases;
- Ensure qualification of those evolutions and new tools: design document updates, production of test procedures reports, schedule and animation of key-points;
- Update the AIVP network for different needs: EGNOS ground segment update, specific technical investigation, with Security team.
The network security events supervision:
- Detect and analyse, security events raised by the network devices;
- Initiate and enrich network security events database to have an exhaustive view of false-positives;
- Open and analyse the “Observation Reports”;
- Propose and implement improvements of the Security events processing chain.
The interface with the Operations team for what concerns network security activities:
- Support the production and the maintenance of processes and procedures;
- Develop and maintain the tools that allow the automation of some tasks;
The performance and anomalies analysis related to the network subsystem (as backup of the Network Operations Engineer):
- Detect and analyse abnormal events (ex: network interruptions) on the EWAN subsystems and provide support;
- Participate to the weekly meetings where incidents are discussed with the Telecom provider;
- Provide support for the follow-up of the KPI required as per contract obligations; participate to the monthly contractual meeting with the Telecom provider;
- Deliver the network events synthesis for the monthly reports required by the customer;
- Analyse the anomalies detected on the EWAN subsystem or on other subsystems where network issues are suspected; follow-up their correction in line with the Anomaly process.
Support Operations (as backup of the Network Operations Engineer):
- Support for the scheduling of network maintenances; participate to the weekly JOS (“Joint Operations Schedule”) reviews. Interface with the Telecom provider to ensure the proper implementation of the decisions taken;
- Support for the maintenance of EWAN operational procedures (updates analysis, execution and validations of updates)
- Provide guidance to the MCC Operators and the Hosting Entities in case of problems when executing operational procedures.
- Rigour and Strong autonomy
- Initiative and synthesis spirit
- Capability to assume responsibilities and Team player spirit
- Skills in Microsoft software suites (MSOffice, MSProject, etc.)
- High English level (B2) – CEFR
- Software development: Python 2 and 3, shell script
- Time series database: InfluxDB
- Data visualisation: Grafana
- Configuration management: SVN
- General knowledge of each layer of the OSI model (Open Systems Interconnection)
- General knowledge in network security (IP/port filtering, firewall ASA, Diode, IDS, IPS, SIEM)
- Good knowledge of the following protocols : Ethernet, IP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP
- Knowledge of Switch/Routers/Firewalls Cisco CLI environment (Command Line Interface)
- Network tools : Wireshark, TShark, HP OpenView
Available for punctual travels mainly in Europe.
Subject to constraints of minimum presence during normal vacation periods (July/August, Christmas, February, Easter). Subject to on-call duty during weekends and bank holidays (nights not concerned).
Telecom Engineering or equivalent
You can send your application file by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of Contract: Full time - Permanent Contract
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.