Operational Products Engineer (M/F)
Operational Products Engineer’s main responsibilities:
• Maintenance and implementation of the management process of documentation media for EGNOS operations
o Implements the modifications to the operational concept whenever necessary, particularly during the commissioning of a new version of the EGNOS system. The operational products Engineer will be responsible for updating the ESSP operational concept and the operational products (documentary baselines Operation and maintenance);
o Configuration management of all operational documentation and delivery of these baselines to end users.
o Monitor the Observation Reports (OR) submitted by users of operational products. The correction of these OR may lead to modifications of the operational products;
o Participate in LEO (Library of the EGNOS Operations) document reviews as part of ESR delivery (EGNOS System Release)
o If necessary, the engineer will draft TOI (Temporary Operational Instruction) to work around system malfunctions or to correct an implementation of the operational concept.
• Responsible for validation activities of operational products to ensure that the products are operable (usable by the operators of a control centre in accordance with their contractual obligations). This activity will involve various ESSP players for carrying out the activities of practical tests.
• Perform the qualification of operators. The operational product engineer shall be responsible for:
o Planning the tests
o Coordinating the performance of these tests with the operations coordination teams, the control centres and the EGNOS sub-system hosts
o Perform the tests using the means placed at his disposal
o Draft and send the test reports to the Qualification Coordinator
• Provide support to the operational training engineer. This support will consist of:
o An overview and detailed explanation of the proposed modifications to baselines (correction of OR or modification of the operational concept) to anticipate if necessary their presentation through training
o In case of occasional overload or absence of the latter, should be capable of drafting a simple training module for the correction of OR or setting up an operational workaround.
• Ability to work in team
• Spirit of initiative and synthesis
• Ability to express himself freely in public
• Good level of English (B1-B2) – CECRL
• Good knowledge of SBAS systems and EGNOS operations in particular
• Past experience in the management of monitoring documentary modifications
• Basic knowledge of Italian and/or Spanish desirable
• Good knowledge of document management principles
• Skills in operating Microsoft software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Available for (infrequent) travel in Europe
Subject exceptionally to constraints of minimum presence during normal vacation periods (July/August, Christmas, February, Easter).
Engineering degree or equivalent
Experience of at least 5 years in space or aeronautical sectors
Project experience in an international context (European)
Job Type: Permanent
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Toulouse (France)