Operations Engineer – F/M
ESSP, a young, dynamic French company open to the world, is looking for an Operations Engineer in ground segment for the provision of critical satellite navigation services, on a permanent/ full time contract in Toulouse.
Our team is gathers 120 highly qualified professionals of 10 nationalities working in an English-speaking environment. Our employees come from different backgrounds, from aeronautics to space, including engineering and telecommunications. This diversity is a major asset for the company, which allows us to adapt to new needs and challenges.
We are eager to provide the best quality services through safe and efficient operations and management systems. We are expanding and always on the lookout for new talent.
To find out more about us, we invite you to visit our website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/human-resources/careers/
If you are rigorous and organised, with a good level of English, if you want to work in team and exchanged on daily basis with our European partners, and if you have a good knowledge of operations in complex system in Aerospace domain, then this position is for you!
By joining us, you will be responsible for the supervision of EGNOS operations and responsible for the supervision of operations, in terms of planning, supervision and operators support of the ground segment.
- The production and validation of the weekly EGNOS Joint Operations Schedule. This includes preventive maintenance tasks, network interventions, new configurations or new system releases versions deployment, or any other operation that must be done on the ground segment.
- The preparation and the chair of the weekly Operation Control Board, in charge of the supervision and sharing of the operations schedule with the control centers.
- Representing the Operations team during internal board meetings,
- Monitoring and checking on a daily basis the good execution of the weekly Joint Operations Schedule.
- Provinding the needed support to the Operators regarding the execution of the weekly Joint Operations Schedule. For this purpose, you will be named ESSP Point of Contact for the Operators, and will handle the support to the Operators and the Maintainers for the various EGNOS sites;
- Participation to the monitoring and control operations as Operator of the “EGNOS-TEST” validation platform, from the dedicated test control centers.
- The operational monitoring of security components, and their maintenance if necessary;
- The processing of security incidents within the scope of EGNOS operations;
Support to the team
- You will ensure the back-up of certain operational tasks for which your colleagues are responsible, such as, for example, the analysis or implementation of operational workarounds, requalifications, analysis of deviations of EGNOS operators or maintainers
Project contributions and evolution
- In the frame of answers to call for tenders: you will participate or support to the Operations Coordinator on topics requiring operational expertise.
- Participation in the preparation of the Operations team for the major evolution of the system (getting familiar with the new tools, setting up new rules and methods, managing the transition)
- Strong autonomy, shows initiative
- Able to synthetize, global vision of a system and its constraints
- Team worker, good relational skills
- Capacity to assume responsibilities
- High English Level (B2) - CEFR
- Knowledge of complex systems operations
- Experience of projects in an international (European) context would be a plus
- Experience or training in Security field would be a plus
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- 1 to 5 years of professional experience in Aeronautics or Aerospace sector
- A previous experience in the operations of complex system would be a plus
- This position is subjected to the constraints of minimum presence during normal holiday periods (July/August, Christmas, February, Easter), or bank holidays.
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of Contract: Full time/Permanent contract
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.