Performance Engineer (M/F)
Report directly to the Performance Manager the Performance Engineer is responsible for the monitoring and the analysis of EGNOS signal performances, and the contributions to the research and development and to the company performance technical activities.
Performance Engineer’s main responsibilities:
For the EGNOS performances activity analysis, is responsible for:
• The daily monitoring of the EGNOS signal performances, and particularly the characterisation of new observed degradations;
• The detection, analysis and monitoring of anomalies related to signal performance; this includes in particular the detection and the notification of critical observations (among which the non-integrities on GPS and ionospheric corrections); as well as the follow-up of the OR instruction time linked to the KPI regime. For some OR system oriented, may need to coordinate the system analysis, conducted with the other members of the Engineering team;
• Carrying out the following performance engineering activities:
o Development of indicators supporting the characterisation of EGNOS performances,
o Improvement proposals of algorithms related to monitoring and analysis performance tools,
• Preparation and participation in the Performance Task Force in the frame of the Integrated Engineering Team (IET), a working group composed of SBAS performance experts from the ESSP and the industry ;
• Provision of technical support to formal reviews of PEA and/or PSS contracts on the EGNOS performance related aspects.
For the research and development and the company performance technical activities, is reponsible for :
• Contribution to the analysis of the observed scientific phenomenons and to the research and development activities, in particular in the ionospheric perturbation domain.
• Having knowledge in the ionospheric phenomenon, contribution to project and activities on Space Weather (outside of EGNOS perimeter).
• Contribution to technical studies in the area of SBAS performance;
• Production of papers and presentation of some of them in the frame of scientific symposiums.
- Strong autonomy
- Ability to work in a team
- Spirit of initiative and synthesis skills
- Ability to assume responsibilities
- High level of English (B1-B2) - CECRL
- Very deep knowledge of EGNOS and SBAS systems (expertise necessary on EGNOS system performances) including the algorithms of SBAS corrections of the System
- Knowledge of SBAS systems performance monitoring tools is highly desired (Thales tools: OAT, ESVS; ESSP tools: SYSMON, etc.)
- Good knowledge of space or aeronautical systems operations in general.
Subject to the constraints of minimum presence during normal holiday periods (July/August, Christmas, February, Easter) and may be subject to occasional standby duties (weekend and/or night) according to ESSP procedures in force.
Experience and expertise of at least 5 years on EGNOS system and in the SBAS/GNSS domain.
Available for some travels.
Engineer Degree or equivalent
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of contract: Full time/ Permanent Contract