Procedures & Operations Engineer - F/M
ESSP, a private company with 7 major European Air Navigation Service Providers as shareholders, manages the operation and supports the adoption of the European Satellite Based Augmentation System to GPS: EGNOS.
ESSP Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojO8TAitQoc
The adoption of this service is rapidly growing given it allows correcting the GPS signal and offers enhanced features with accurate positioning and integrity within safety-of-life services context such as public transportation.
ESSP Website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/human-resources/careers/
We are looking for a Procedures & Operations Engineer to maintain and develop the EGNOS operational and maintenance concept. If you have proficiency in operations domain, then is position is for you!
Operational products management
Maintenance and implementation of the management process of documentation media for EGNOS operations:
- Participating to the review of the successive versions of the relevant industrial documentation, mainly the Library of EGNOS Operations for operations and maintenance;
- Implementation of modifications to the operational concept of a new version of the EGNOS system.
- Update ESSP operational concept and the operational products; (composed of operation and maintenance documentary baselines);
- Getting regulation authority acceptance for the entry into service of the new products;
- Configuration management of all operational documentation and delivery to end users;
- Monitoring Observation Reports (OR) submitted by users, may lead to modifications;
- If necessary, drafts TOI (Temporary Operational Instruction) to work around system malfunctions or to correct an implementation of the operational concept.
Provide the support of a control centre for carrying out the activities of practical tests:
- Overview and detailed explanation of the proposed modifications to baselines to anticipate if their presentation through training;
- Draft simple training modules for the correction of OR or setting up an operational workaround.
Maintenance and implementation of EGNOS operator qualification process:
- Identify qualification needs of various EGNOS system operators, in line with technical and regulatory requirements;
- Draw up qualification plans for each qualification campaign (tests, resources, means, schedule);
- Coordinate execution of tests with operations team, control centres and hosts of EGNOS subsystems;
- Organise and execute qualification campaigns in a practical manner;
- Ensure and justify the proper qualification of the various EGNOS operators to the EASA authority.
Project contributions and evolution
- You may participate to call for tenders (out of EGNOS operations);
- Implementation of operations, and contribution to the operations of future systems operated by ESSP;
- Preparation for the major evolution of the system to V3 (getting familiar with the new tools, setting up new rules and methods, managing the transition);
- Responsibility of the production of the operational products for the evolution of the system to V3;
- Participation to communication actions around the team's activity as needed.
- Rigor, Ability to work in team and good relational skills
- Spirit of initiative and autonomy
- Able to synthetize, global vision of a system and its constraints
- Capacity to assume responsibilities
- Knowledge of complex systems operations
- Experience of projects in an international (European) context would be interesting
- Skills in operating Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.).
Language: English (B2) – CEFR.
Engineering degree or equivalent.
Available for punctual travels in Europe.
Subject exceptionally to constraints of minimum presence during normal vacation periods (July/August, Christmas, February, Easter).
Human Resources information:
Element of package of remuneration:
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of Contract: Full time / Permanent
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.