Procedures & Qualification Engineer – F/M
ESSP, a private company with 7 major European Air Navigation Service Providers as shareholders, manages the operation and supports the adoption of the European Satellite Based Augmentation System to GPS: EGNOS.
ESSP Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojO8TAitQoc
The adoption of this service is rapidly growing given it allows correcting the GPS signal and offers enhanced features with accurate positioning and integrity within safety-of-life services context such as public transportation.
ESSP Website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/careers/
We are looking for a Procedures & Qualification Engineer to maintain and develop the EGNOS operational and maintenance concept within the operational baselines. If you have a high level of English (minimum B2) and proficiency in Operations domain, then this position is for you!
Operational products management:
Maintenance and implementation of the management process of documentation media for EGNOS operations:
- Participating to the review of the successive versions of the relevant industrial documentation, mainly the LEO (Library of EGNOS Operations) for operations and maintenance, as part of ESR delivery (EGNOS System Release);
- The implementation of modifications to the operational concept of a new version of the EGNOS system. Update the ESSP operational concept and the operational products (composed of both operation and maintenance documentary baselines);
- Getting regulation authority acceptance for the entry into service of the new products;
- Configuration management of all operational documentation and delivery to end users;
- Monitoring of Observation Reports (OR) submitted by users of operational products, may lead to modifications;
- If necessary, drafts TOI (Temporary Operational Instruction) to work around system malfunctions or to correct an implementation of the operational concept.
Validation activities of operational products to ensure that the products are operable (usable by the operators of a control centre in accordance with their contractual obligations). Provide the support of a control centre for carrying out the activities of practical tests:
- An overview and detailed explanation of the proposed modifications to baselines (correction of OR or modification of the operational concept) to anticipate if necessary their presentation through training;
- Being able of drafting a simple training module for the correction of OR or setting up an operational workaround.
The maintenance and implementation of the EGNOS operator qualification process, covering both initial and ongoing operator qualification requirements:
- Identify the qualification needs of the various EGNOS system operators, in line with both technical and regulatory requirements;
- Draw up qualification plans for each qualification campaign (tests, resources, means, schedule);
- Coordinate the execution of these tests with the operations coordination team, the control centres and the hosts of the EGNOS subsystems;
- Organise and execute qualification campaigns in a practical manner;
- Write ad hoc reports;
- Ensure and justify the proper qualification of the various EGNOS operators to the EASA regulatory authority.
Support to the team:
- You can be required to participate and to ensure the back-up to operational tasks for which his/her colleagues are responsible.
Project contributions and evolution:
- In the frame of answers to call for tenders and projects execution (other than EGNOS operations), the direct participation or support to the Operations Coordinator on topics requiring operational expertise;
- Participation to the implementation of operations, and contribution to the operations of future systems operated by ESSP;
- Participation in the preparation of the Operations team for the major evolution of the system to V3 (getting familiar with the new tools, setting up new rules and methods, managing the transition);
- Responsibility of the production of the operational products for the major evolution of the system to V3 (elaboration of the operational concept, redaction of the processes and procedures);
- Participation to communication actions around the team's activity as needed.
- Ability to work in team, good relational skills
- Spirit of initiative, autonomy
- Able to synthetize, global vision of a system and its constraints
- Capacity to assume responsibilities
- Good level of English (B1 - B2) – CEFR
- Knowledge of complex systems operations
- Experience of projects in an international (European) context would be interesting
- Skills in operating Microsoft software packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.).
Available for (infrequent) travel in Europe
Subject exceptionally to constraints of minimum presence during normal vacation periods (July/August, Christmas, February, Easter).
Engineering degree or equivalent.
0 to 5 years of experience.
A previous experience in the operations domain, particularly space or aeronautics operations would be interesting.
You can send your application file by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of Contract: Full time - Permanent Contract
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.