Procedures & Training Engineer – F/M
ESSP, a private company with 7 major European Air Navigation Service Providers as shareholders, manages the operation and supports the adoption of the European Satellite Based Augmentation System to GPS: EGNOS.
ESSP Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojO8TAitQoc
The adoption of this service is rapidly growing given it allows correcting the GPS signal and offers enhanced features with accurate positioning and integrity within safety-of-life services context such as public transportation.
ESSP Website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/human-resources/careers/
We are looking for a Procedures & Training Engineer in charge of the operations and maintenance procedures of the EGNOS system. If you have a first professional experience in the field of operations, then this position is made for you!
You will be integrated into the EGNOS operations coordination team, at the heart of the operations of one of the major space systems of the European Union.
You will be responsible for:
Maintenance and implementation of the management process of documentation media for EGNOS operations:
- Participating to the review of the successive versions of the relevant industrial documentation, mainly the Library of EGNOS Operations for operations and maintenance;
- Implementation of modifications to the operational concept of a new version of the EGNOS system.
- Update ESSP operational concept and the operational products; (composed of operation and maintenance documentary baselines);
- Getting regulation authority acceptance for the entry into service of the new products;
- Configuration management of all operational documentation and delivery to end users;
- Monitoring Observation Reports (OR) submitted by users, may lead to modifications;
- If necessary, drafts TOI (Temporary Operational Instruction) to work around system malfunctions or to correct an implementation of the operational concept.
- Management of EGNOS training for system operators and maintainers, and ESSP personnel;
- Management of the supplier in charge of:
o the production of training modules;
o Supply and maintenance of the training tool
- Organization / Supervision of the execution of training: initial, refresh and specific;
- Create and provide training for EGNOS sites or control centers;
- Maintenance of the database of operators/maintainers authorized to operate the system;
- Follow-up of the development and maintenance in operational condition of the training simulator.
- Follow-up of the ATSEP (Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel) certification of operators and maintainers
Project contributions and developments (out of EGNOS scope):
- Call for tenders: direct participation or support on topics requiring expertise on training activities;
- Participation in the implementation of training processes for future systems operated by the ESSP,
You will participate in:
- Communication skills, pedagogy, ease of speaking in public
- Ability to work in a team, show autonomy and initiative
- Ability to synthetize, global vision of a system and its constraints
- Knowledge of SBAS systems, and EGNOS operations in particular, would be appreciated BUT knowledge of complex system is required
- Past experience with a LMS (Learning Management System) would be appreciated
- Skills in operating Microsoft software packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.).
Language: English (C1-C2) – CEFR
Engineering degree or equivalent
Available for punctual travels mainly in Europe
Subject exceptionally to constraints of minimum presence during normal vacation periods (July/August, Christmas, February, Easter)
Experience in projects in an international context (European)
Human Resources information:
Element of package of remuneration:
You can send your application file by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of Contract: Full time - Permanent Contract
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.