RIMS & NLES Engineer – F/M
ESSP, a dynamic French company open to the world, is looking for a RIMS & NLES Engineer for a Permanent Full-time Contract in Toulouse.
We work with highly skilled teams and our employees come from different backgrounds and disciplines, from aeronautics to aerospace, engineering to telecommunications. This diversity allows the company great flexibility to adapt to new needs and challenges.
We are eager to provide the best quality services through safe and efficient operations and management systems. We are expanding and always looking for new talents.
To find out more about us, we invite you to visit our website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/humanresources/careers/
Some videos are also available on YouTube for you to discover our activities:
And a lot more videos are available.
By joining us, you will be in charge of technical expertise activities related to the Ranging and Integrity Monitoring Station (RIMS) and Navigation Land Earth Stations (NLES) subsystems under the responsibility of ESSP. If you have 5 years of experience in international projects, preferably in the space or aeronautical field with a good level of English, then this position is for you!
You will be responsible for:
- Maintenance activities on the RIMS sites: replacement of equipment, cables, RF measurements, GNSS measurements, masking measurements around GNSS antennas...
- Deployment of IoT (Internet Of Things) boxes which will soon be carried out on different RIMS sites;
- Deployment of the next EGNOS V3 RIMS, by being one of the technical referents of the activity: writing technical notes, installation of equipment on sites...
You will participate in:
- Detecting and analysing breakdowns and/or abnormal events on the RIMS and NLES subsystems;
- synthesis of RIMS & NLES events (in particular for internal and customer reporting);
- instruction and analysis of the Observation Reports raised on the RIMS & NLES subsystems and the follow-up of their correction and qualification, in accordance with the anomalies management process.
- Participation in the RIMS & NLES task forces (discussions with the industry in charge of the development and maintenance of the EGNOS system);
- To installations, moves, RF/GNSS measurements and dismantling...: on RIMS and NLES sites
- RIMS & NLES data quality analysis (contingency needs with experts)
- The provision of support to the Operations team:
o for the technical follow up of the RIMS and NLES operational and maintenance procedures (analysis of update needs, implementation and validation of updates);
o for the initial on-site training of new RIMS & NLES HEs (face-to-face training);
o to coordinate RIMS & NLES activities with the Site Manager.
Very good working knowledge of:
- GNSS, SBAS and EGNOS systems in particular,
- radio frequency technologies,
- signal processing applied to GNSS (interference, multipath),
- field measurement tools (theodolite, tacheometers).
Good practical knowledge:
- space or aeronautical systems operations in general.
You are able to have:
- Strong autonomy;
- Capacity to assume responsibilities;
- Shows initiative;
- Able to synthetize;
- High English Level (B2-C1) – CECRL.
The knowledge of the following tools would be considered an advantage:
- RIMS data performance monitoring tools (Monalysa).
Available for regular travels, especially in Europe.
Subject to minimum attendance requirements during the usual vacation periods (July/August, Christmas, February, Easter) and likely to be subject to occasional on-call duty (weekends and/or nights) according to the ESSP scheme in force.
Engineering degree or equivalent.
At least 5 years of experience in international (European) projects and in the space or aeronautical field.
You can send your application file by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of Contract: Full time - Permanent Contract
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.