RIMS (Ranging Integrity Monitoring Stations) & NLES (Navigation Land Earth Stations) Engineer – F/M
ESSP, a private company with 7 major European Air Navigation Service Providers as shareholders, manages the operation and supports the adoption of the European Satellite Based Augmentation System to GPS: EGNOS.
ESSP Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojO8TAitQoc
The adoption of this service is rapidly growing given it allows correcting the GPS signal and offers enhanced features with accurate positioning and integrity within safety-of-life services context such as public transportation.
ESSP Website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/human-resources/careers/
By joining us, you will be in charge of technical expertise activities related to the Ranging and Integrity Monitoring Station (RIMS) and Navigation Land Earth Stations (NLES) subsystems under the responsibility of ESSP. If you have 5 years of experience in international projects, preferably in the space or aeronautical field with a good level of English, then this position is for you!
You will be responsible for:
- Maintenance activities on the RIMS sites: replacement of equipment, cables, RF measurements, GNSS measurements, masking measurements around GNSS antennas...
- Deployment of IoT (Internet Of Things) boxes which will soon be carried out on different RIMS sites;
- Deployment of the next EGNOS V3 RIMS, by being one of the technical referents of the activity: writing technical notes, installation of equipment on sites...
You will participate in:
- Detecting and analysing breakdowns and/or abnormal events on the RIMS and NLES subsystems;
- synthesis of RIMS & NLES events (in particular for internal and customer reporting);
- instruction and analysis of the Observation Reports raised on the RIMS & NLES subsystems and the follow-up of their correction and qualification, in accordance with the anomalies management process.
- Participation in the RIMS & NLES task forces (discussions with the industry in charge of the development and maintenance of the EGNOS system);
- To installations, moves, RF/GNSS measurements and dismantling...: on RIMS and NLES sites
- RIMS & NLES data quality analysis (contingency needs with experts)
- The provision of support to the Operations team:
o for the technical follow up of the RIMS and NLES operational and maintenance procedures (analysis of update needs, implementation and validation of updates);
o for the initial on-site training of new RIMS & NLES HEs (face-to-face training);
o to coordinate RIMS & NLES activities with the Site Manager.
Very good working knowledge of:
- GNSS, SBAS and EGNOS systems in particular,
- radio frequency technologies,
- signal processing applied to GNSS (interference, multipath),
- field measurement tools (theodolite, tacheometers).
Good practical knowledge:
- space or aeronautical systems operations in general.
You are able to have:
- Strong autonomy;
- Capacity to assume responsibilities;
- Shows initiative;
- Able to synthetize;
- High English Level (B2-C1) – CECRL.
The knowledge of the following tools would be considered an advantage:
- RIMS data performance monitoring tools (Monalysa).
Available for regular travels, especially in Europe.
Subject to minimum attendance requirements during the usual vacation periods (July/August, Christmas, February, Easter) and likely to be subject to occasional on-call duty (weekends and/or nights) according to the ESSP scheme in force.
Engineering degree or equivalent.
At least 5 years of experience in international (European) projects and in the space or aeronautical field.
Human Resources information:
Element of package of remuneration:
You can send your application file by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of Contract: Full time - Permanent Contract
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.