Safety Services & Applications Engineer - F/M
ESSP, a private company with 7 major European Air Navigation Service Providers as shareholders, manages the operation and supports the adoption of the European Satellite Based Augmentation System to GPS: EGNOS.
ESSP Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojO8TAitQoc
The adoption of this service is rapidly growing given it allows correcting the GPS signal and offers enhanced features with accurate positioning and integrity within safety-of-life services context such as public transportation.
ESSP Website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/human-resources/careers/
If you have a proficiency in safety and system engineering, and at least 6 years of experience in space or aeronautical transport then this position is for you! By joining us, you’ll be in charge of the elaboration up to the acceptance by competent authorities of the Safety cases relevant to various services delivered by ESSP.
- In Air Navigation service provision based on EGNOS System:
o Contribution to the production of updated versions of EGNOS safety cases,
o Elaborate/submit updated versions of “Safety Support cases” to the competent authority and negotiate their acceptance,
o Ensure, upstream, that data packages handle necessary materials supporting the aforementioned safety dossiers,
o Ensure the system configuration “as deployed” remains within the specified operating range,
o Contribute to the Safety Activities needed to support the development of new applications of EGNOS usage (i.e. other than Air Traffic Control).
- In the frame of new services setup or new applications:
o Identify applicable regulatory requirements and define related means of compliance,
o Define/adapt the needed Safety dossiers for new services/applications of existing services,
o Ensure, upstream, that data packages handle necessary materials supporting the aforementioned safety dossiers ,
o Coordinate the required complementary Safety activities/analyses to satisfy the specific needs of new services or new applications,
o Produce the Safety Dossier and submits it to the targeted competent authority for the new services or new applications and negotiate their acceptance.
- In the frame of generic activities:
o Contribute to Safety aspects of ESSP bid activities,
o Bring safety expertise,
o Contribute to the setup and continuous improvement of safety processes (audits).
- Autonomous, practical, rigor and detail oriented,
- Ability to analyse and summarise,
- Ability to work in a team
- Show initiative and willing to take responsibilities
- Specialization in Safety & Dependability activities
- Knowledge in Safety-Cases, in particular for aeronautic applications
- Knowledge of system engineering processes & Experience in development of complex systems
- knowledge of EGNOS system, SBAS and associated standards
- Skills in Applicable European Regulations in aeronautical, space, railways domains (Ideally knowledge of EU 2017/373 regulation would be a must)
Languages: English (B2) – CEFR
Engineering degree in Telecom or equivalent, with specialization in RAMS
Experience in projects in an international context (European)
Availability for punctual travel, especially in Europe
Human Resources information:
Element of package of remuneration:
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of Contract: Full time / Permanent
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.