Satellite Communication Development Engineer– F/M
Created in 2009, ESSP is a young and dynamic company, a pan European service provider, certified by EASA (the European Union Aviation Safety Agency) to deliver safety-critical services. Our mission is to operate and provide Communication, Navigation and Surveillance(CNS) services, among which, the main one is, the EGNOS service (the European Geostationary Navigation Overlay Service), on behalf of the EUSPA (the European Agency for Space).
ESSP Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_FKtcaN8YE
ESSP Website career: https://www.essp-sas.eu/human-resources/careers/
If you have proficiency in Communication Navigation Surveillance (CNS) and have at least 3 years of experience in aeronautical communications focus in data link, then this position is for you!
By joining us, you will provide ESSP support with the Service Development activities in the on-going CNS (Communication, Navigation Surveillance) contracts and/or space-based projects and activities linked to CNS Services.
Provide support to Service Development Team in the use of the CNS services in Aviation (e.g. data link communications, surveillance and also navigation) mainly focused on SATCOM/IRIS at first step and gradual involvement for other space-based services contributing in below tasks:
- Responsible for the Working Agreement annual Strategy definition and follow-up:
o Quarterly status reports,
o Periodic forecast.
- Support to the Working Agreement maintenance related activities including:
o Working Agreement signature process & tracking,
o Working Agreement improvement process and related actions,
o Working Agreement procedure update.
- Support to the technical assessments:
o New CNS Service Provision schemes (e.g. Datalink, Surveillance, others.),
o State of the art for CNS activities based on different technologies (SATCOM/IRIS ESA Program, VHF DataLink Mode 2 (VDLm2), Surveillance/Eurialo ESA Program, Navigation/EGNOS program),
o Regulatory and standardization assessment,
o Service Development contributions to CNS business plan activities and consulting activities.
- Preparation of ESSP participation to key supporting cells/standardisation bodies (workshops, taskforces, etc.) within the relevant civil aviation organizations and actions tracking & follow-up.
- Good capacity of analysis, synthesis and reporting
- Team player spirit
- Ability to assume responsibilities
- Knowledge of aviation sector and European regulation (such as, but not limited to, Single European Sky (SES) regulatory framework and EASA regulation) as well as applicable standards (ICAO, EUROCAE, RTCA, ARINC…)
- Understanding of satellite-based CNS technologies (IRIS/Communication, Aireon/Surveillance, SBAS/Navigation)
- Relevant knowledge of EGNOS and GNSS in general
- Background in key relevant CNS fora (Eurocontrol, Eurocae, SESAR, others.)
Language: English (B2) – CEFR and Spanish (desirable)
Engineering degree or equivalent
Experience in international and multi-stakeholder projects (EC, SESAR, CINEA, ESA Program among others)
Availability for regular travels, especially in Europe
Human Resources information:
Element of package of remuneration:
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Job Location: Madrid (Spain)
Type of Contract: Full time/Permanent
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.