Satellite Communication Development Expert – F/M
Created in 2009, ESSP is a young and dynamic company, a pan European service provider, certified by EASA (the European Union Aviation Safety Agency) to deliver safety-critical services. Our mission is to operate and provide Communication, Navigation and Surveillance(CNS) services, among which, the main one is, the EGNOS service (the European Geostationary Navigation Overlay Service), on behalf of the EUSPA (the European Agency for Space).
ESSP Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_FKtcaN8YE
ESSP Website career: https://www.essp-sas.eu/human-resources/careers/
If you have proficiency in Communication Navigation Surveillance (CNS) and have at least 5 years in the aviation sector and 3 years in a field relevant to CNS Services and Applications with a special focus on data link services and applications, and/or satellite technologies (SATCOM/IRIS ESA Program) then this position is for you!
By joining us, you will lead ESSP technical activities focused on Service Development in the on-going CNS (Communication, Navigation, Surveillance) contracts and/or space-based projects (i.e.: Satellite Communications/IRIS, Surveillance/Eurialo and others linked to CNS Services).
Provide expertise in the use of CNS Services in Aviation as support to Service Development Team Leader (e.g. data link communications, surveillance and also navigation) and contributing in the tasks below:
- Lead to the creation of formal relationships with Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs) and aviation users and stakeholders (mainly for Communications and Surveillance);
- Lead to negotiate, sign and maintain the Working Agreements with users mainly ANSPs in the civil aviation domain for Communications and Surveillance. Support the implementation of an open and transparent service provision in aviation;
- Lead the definition and maintenance of the corresponding Working Agreements templates in any CNS application domain (mainly Communications and Surveillance);
- Interface with key aviation sector stakeholders such as Eurocontrol, ICAO or EASA (airworthiness and operational approvals);
- Participate to key supporting cells/standardisation bodies (workshops, taskforces, etc.) within the relevant civil aviation organizations;
- Support to different experts in the company in order to develop in a yearly basis state of the art for CNS activities based on different technologies (SATCOM/IRIS ESA Program, VHF DataLink Mode 2(VDLm2), Surveillance/Eurialo ESA Program, Navigation/EGNOS program).
- Support to service provision of CNS services;
- Support to the definition/provision of advisory CNS services in the ATM (Air Traffic Management) domain whenever required by ANSPs or related stakeholders;
- Support Users Forum/workshop on CNS applications for the aviation sector;
- Support to ESSP certification process as CNS Service Provider according to SES (Single European Sky);
- Contribute to business case related CNS activities and CNS consulting activities.
- Good capacity of analysis and synthesis
- Team player spirit
- Ability to assume responsibilities
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Service Development oriented
- Strong knowledge of aviation sector and European regulation (such as, but not limited to, Single European Sky (SES) regulatory framework and EASA regulation) as well as applicable standards (ICAO, EUROCAE, RTCA, ARINC…)
- Deep knowledge in Communication Navigation Surveillance (CNS) /Air Traffic Management (ATM) technologies, especially focused on datalink technologies (Aircraft Communication Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS), VDL Mode 2, SATCOM-IRIS, Aeronautical Telecommunication
- Network such as ATN/OSI and ATN IPS and Communication and Surveillance (PBCS)
- Relevant knowledge of EGNOS and GNSS in General.
Language: High level of English (B2-C1) and Spanish (desirable)
Engineering degree or equivalent
Experience in international and multi-stakeholder projects (EC, SESAR, CINEA, ESA Program among others)
Availability for regular travels, especially in Europe
Human Resources information:
Element of package of remuneration:
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Job Location: Madrid (Spain)
Type of Contract: Full time/Permanent
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.