Software Quality Engineer - F/M
ESSP, a private company with 7 major European Air Navigation Service Providers as shareholders, manages the operation and supports the adoption of the European Satellite Based Augmentation System to GPS: EGNOS.
ESSP Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojO8TAitQoc
The adoption of this service is rapidly growing given it allows correcting the GPS signal and offers enhanced features with accurate positioning and integrity within safety-of-life services context such as public transportation.
ESSP Website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/human-resources/careers/
We are looking for a Software Quality Engineer responsible for the assurance and control activities of software development, maintenance and acquisition, in collaboration with Project Leaders, Functional and Technical leaders. He/she will be in support to adapt applicable processes to each software project. If you have a high level of English and proficiency in the domain of software quality in industry, then is position is for you!
Your main responsibilities/activities will be:
Support to software development, maintenance and acquisition:
In collaboration with Project Leaders, Functional and Technical leaders:
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of Project Plans (Quality Assurance, control, configuration management, documentation management, and validation plans). You will help to understand processes and their adaptability to the project to produce adapted and efficient plans;
- Quality controls according to the project control plan (reviews, tests monitoring, anomalies follow-up, control of compliance with software assurance rules according to standards such as ECSS/DO178);
- Contribute to impact analysis of changes;
- Provide support for methods, advise the members of the projects, ensure the implementation of risk and action management, the effective implementation of project plans, their understanding and improvement throughout the project, etc. ;
- Anticipate risks related to non-quality and alerts the Project Leaders;
- Ensure the update of the Tools Repository by the Functional leader of the software application
Support to software applications for which the Unit is functionally responsible
- Validate the functional specifications and tests plans
- Support the functional leader of the department on interactions with the IT department
Management of the ESSP software applications repository
- Ensure the regular update of the ESSP software applications repository
- Maintain the associated procedure and the structure of the repository
- Produce customer deliverables related to the ESSP software applications repository
- Ensure satisfaction of customers that need proper data in the repository for their own business stakes;
Reporting & Continuous improvement:
- Manage information and training sessions related to Software Quality assurance and control);
- Propose and lead improvement actions on their activities;
- Collect new needs and needs for evolution (lessons learnt, satisfaction surveys, etc.);
- Manage associated reporting for their perimeter of activity;
- Manage implementation of the audit corrective actions in their perimeter of activity.
- Riguour, Ability to summarize
- Good interpersonal skills
- Adaptation skills
- Office usual software proficiency (MS Office Excel, …)
- Capacity to adjust processes to implementation context
- Good knowledge of Project Management
- ECSS, DO178, software quality standards,
- Animation skills
Language: English (B2) – CEFR.
Engineering degree or equivalent.
Available for regular travels (especially in Spain).
Experience of 10 years in the industry (space, aeronautics, rail, automotive) in the domain of software quality.
Experience in projects in an international context (European).
Human Resources information:
Element of package of remuneration:
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of Contract: Full time / Permanent
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.