Software tools Engineer – F/M
ESSP, a private company with 7 major European Air Navigation Service Providers as shareholders, manages the operation and supports the adoption of the European Satellite Based Augmentation System to GPS: EGNOS.
ESSP Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojO8TAitQoc
The adoption of this service is rapidly growing given it allows correcting the GPS signal and offers enhanced features with accurate positioning and integrity within safety-of-life services context such as public transportation.
ESSP Website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/careers/
If you are rigorous with a good level of English and proficiency in Software tools development and knowledge of Python, Java, C/CC++, MATLAB and scripting and have at least 3 years of experience in GNSS sector, then this position is for you!
By joining us, you will be in charge of the maintenance and evolution of the Customer & Data Service tools used in the recurrent activities in EDAS, NOTAM and MSI operations.
EDAS: EGNOS Data Access Service
NOTAM: Notice to Airmen
MSI: Maritime Safety Information
- Management and evolution of the tools used to support the recurrent activities in EDAS, NOTAM and MSI operations;
- Management and evolution of new tools/applications;
- Support to the EGNOS Multimodal Adoption actions;
- Support to the User Satisfaction actions assigned;
- Implementation and contribution to research/promotion initiatives (articles, papers);
- Support to the execution of the recurrent team activities, in particular:
o EGNOS NOTAM proposals service operation,
o Iris NOTAM proposals service operation,
o EGNOS MSI service operation,
o Support to the NOTAM/MSI proposals service monitoring and maintenance,
o Support to the EDAS performance monitoring and anomaly analysis,
o Back-up of the Service Level Agreement Expert, during absences, for regular Key Performance Indicators (KPI) reporting activities to the Customer.
The following skills will be assessed in your application:
· Good communication and negotiation skills
· Good capacity of analysis and synthesis
· Team player spirit
· Good English Level (B1-B2) - CECRL
· Ability to assume responsibilities
· Project management
· Software and tools development, evolution and maintenance
· Knowledge in Python, Java, MATLAB, C/C++ and scripting required
· Familiar with Android Studio IDE
· Experience in GNSS including common protocols/formats for streaming of GNSS data
· Good knowledge of EGNOS and GNSS technologies in general
3 years of experience in satellite navigation (GNSS) and software development
Engineering degree or equivalent
You can send your application file by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Job Location: Madrid (Spain)
Type of Contract: Full time - Permanent Contract
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workerss