Support Segment Engineer – F/M
ESSP, a private company with 7 major European Air Navigation Service Providers as shareholders, manages the operation and supports the adoption of the European Satellite Based Augmentation System to GPS: EGNOS.
ESSP Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojO8TAitQoc
The adoption of this service is rapidly growing given it allows correcting the GPS signal and offers enhanced features with accurate positioning and integrity within safety-of-life services context such as public transportation.
ESSP Website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/human-resources/careers/
We are looking for a EGNOS Support Segment Engineer who will contribute to the data management of the EGNOS Support Facilities in Toulouse and to its hardware, software and network administration.
Exploitation of operational platform:
- Exploitation of the EGNOS Support Facilities via the application of the operational procedures of the production chains, in particular for the archiving and the preparation of recurring data for the Engineering team (SOU/ENG);
- Identification and 1st level analysis of anomalies encountered in the processing chains operated on the EGNOS platform (absence of input data, incomplete results, etc.);
- Implementation of internal tools necessary for the proper functioning of the platform (administration scripts, purges, etc.), in coordination with the EGNOS Support Facilities Responsible;
- Creation of contractual deliverables (DVDs, image of the SERENAD website);
- Maintenance, and creation if necessary, of operational documentation directly linked to the operation of the EGNOS Support Facilitiest;
- Support to the Maintenance team, participate in the performance of operational qualification tests and deployment operations of processing chains impacted by the delivery of new tools, tool upgrades, or replacement of equipment;
- Interface with ESSP teams (eg. Engineering) and the client.
Support to Support Facilities Responsible:
- Provide occasional back-up to the Support Facilities Responsible.
Business Development and project support:
- Provide support to business development activities requiring expertise on the SBAS support facilities, in line with the ESSP strategy;
- Contribution to corresponding projects (e.g. operations, development or studies of future versions of EGNOS, export projects);
- Participation for the Support Facilities part in the implementation of operations and contributions to the operations of future systems operated by the ESSP.
- Rigor in the application of operational processes
- Ability to work in a team
- Sense of customer service
- Good knowledge of the operation of IT platforms and in particular of the following environments: PC/Windows, PC/Linux, environment Web, etc. (non-exhaustive list).
Subject to constraints of minimum presence during normal vacation periods (July/August, Christmas, February, Easter).
Language: English (B2) – CEFR
Engineering degree or equivalent
Experience of at least 5 years in exploitation of IT plateforms, ideally in space or aeronautic sector
Experience in projects in an international context (European) would be a plus
Human Resources information:
Element of package of remuneration:
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of Contract: Full time / Permanent
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers