System Monitoring & CPF Engineer (M/F)
ESSP, a dynamic French company open to the world, is looking for a System Monitoring & CPF Engineer for a Permanent – Full-time Contract in Toulouse.
We work with highly skilled teams and our employees come from different backgrounds and disciplines, from aeronautics to aerospace, engineering to telecommunications. This diversity allows the company great flexibility to adapt to new needs and challenges.
We are eager to provide the best quality services through safe and efficient operations and management
systems. We are expanding and always looking for new talents.
To find out more about us, we invite you to visit our website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/humanresources/careers/
Some videos are also available on YouTube for you to discover our activities:
And a lot more videos are available.
If you have a good level of English and proficiency in EGNOS (or other SBAS system) with at least a first
experience in GNSS domains, then this position is for you!
By joining us, you will perform a part of the supervision and reporting activities on the performances of the EGNOS System and a part of the technical expertise on the CPF sub-system (Central Processing Facility).
Activity of supervision, coordination and reporting of performance at System level:
- Monitoring the events impacting the state of the EGNOS system such as failures or maintenance
- Identify the potential deviations of the operators or maintainers
- Prepare entries for the daily Operations Management Board meeting, in which he participates as one of the main representatives of the Engineering team;
- Coordinate the activities of engineering support needed to resolve issues and contribute to the Safety Case Dossier;
- Coordinate the operations with the Operation Team and verifying the planning of daily operations;
- Contribute to the Engineering team for the EGNOS Service Performance Monthly Report
- Produce the monthly System Performance Report;
- Contribute to the maintenance of Engineering tools (macro excel/VB, scripts shell, TCL, Software in C…);
- Could be involved in analyses of Observation Report affecting the System or in the ESSP integration validation and qualification campaigns;
Concerning the activity of CPF technical expertise you will be responsible for:
- The detection, analyse and correction of all malfunctioning and/or abnormal events in the CPF subsystem;
- Preparing a summary of CPF events for monthly reports submitted to the customer, including the system performance report;
- Delivery of CPF support for the SPEED platform;
- Production of the new CPF configurations of the PRN mask;
- Providing internal and external support for the operation, maintenance, training support and configuration management of the CPF;
- Reviewing CPF/System documentations during the development of new EGNOS releases.
You could participate to on call duty on weekends consisting either to be reachable or give your support remotely or to stay close to the ESSP premises in case of an intervention is needed in ESSP premises;
- Ability to work in team
- Ability to analyse and summarise
- Good level of English ( B1-B2) CEFR
- Engineering degree or equivalent in the scientific field
- Experience in the GNSS domains and experience in developing scientific applications is a plus
- Very good technical knowledge of SBAS systems and EGNOS in particular
- Good knowledge of space or aeronautical systems operations in general
- Good knowledge of Unix and programming language S, Shell, TCL, JS;
Available for occasional travel, especially in Europe
You can send your application file by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of Contract: Full time - Permanent Contract
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.