System Monitoring & CPF Engineer (M/F)
Report directly to the System Coordinator, the System Monitoring & CPF Engineer is responsible for performing a part of the supervision and reporting activities on the performances of the EGNOS System and a part of the technical expertise on the CPF sub-system (Central Processing Facility).
System Monitoring & CPF Engineer’s main responsibilities:
The position holder is responsible for monitoring and reporting the EGNOS system performance to the customer (GSA). In addition, he/she coordinates EGNOS operations with the Operations Team, detects and determines the root cause of the potential System or Operational issues with the support of the sub-system experts of the Engineering team. He also contributes to the analysis of Observation Reports raised by the Engineering team when an issue is detected, to the Integration, Validation and Qualification campaign under ESSP’s responsibility as well as to the maintenance of the Engineering tools.
For what regards the Central Processing Facility, the position holder is in charge of its technical expertise consisting in i) detecting, analyzing and reporting on the failures or abnormal events affecting this sub-system as well as following-up the corrections and qualification of the associated anomalies ii) providing support to the Operations team for the update of the CPF operational and maintenance procedures iii) performing the on-site CPF maintenance which falls under the expert responsibility iv) contributing to the reviews of the CPF/System related documents submitted in the frame of the development of new EGNOS releases.
The position holder could perform on-call duty on Saturdays and Sundays from 9am until 6pm.
- Ability to work in team
- Ability to analyse and summarise
- Good level of Engish ( B1-B2) CECRL
- Very good technical knowledge of SBAS systems and EGNOS in particular
- Good knowledge of space or aeronautical systems operations in general
- Good knowledge of Unix and programming language S, Shell, TCL, JS;
- Available for occasional travel, especially in Europe
- Subject to constraints of minimum presence during normal vacation periods (July/August, Christmas, February, Easter)
- Engineering degree or equivalent in the scientific field
- Experience in the GNSS domains and experience in developing scientific applications is a plus
- Experience on projects in an international context (European)
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of contract: Full time/ Permanent Contract