Systems Engineering Expert – F/M
ESSP, a private company with 7 major European Air Navigation Service Providers as shareholders, manages the operation and supports the adoption of the European Satellite Based Augmentation System to GPS: EGNOS.
ESSP Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojO8TAitQoc
The adoption of this service is rapidly growing given it allows correcting the GPS signal and offers enhanced features with accurate positioning and integrity within safety-of-life services context such as public transportation.
ESSP Website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/human-resources/careers/
If you are rigorous with a good level of English and proficiency in Hardware and Software tools development, operation and maintenance and have at least 5 years of experience in GNSS sector, then this position is for you!
By joining us, you will be involved in the daily operation, maintenance and evolution of the systems used for the EDAS, NOTAM and MSI services provision and other data services that may be provided by ESSP in the future.
EDAS: EGNOS Data Access Service
NOTAM: Notice to Airmen
MSI: Maritime Safety Information
- Support to the operation, maintenance and evolution of EDAS, NOTAM and MSI services;
- Support to the systems performance monitoring and reporting;
- Support to the management and supervision of subcontractors;
- Support to services engineering:
o Supporting to the Second Level maintenance.
o Management and analysis of anomalies.
- Support the Security team in security monitoring, security engineering and security operations;
- Provision of inputs to the corresponding related baseline documentation;
- Support to the design, maintenance and evolution of the tools used for the abovementioned activities (e.g. services monitoring and troubleshooting, adoption activities) as needed;
- Support to the EGNOS Multimodal Adoption actions;
- Support to the User Satisfaction actions assigned;
- Implementation and contribution to research/promotion initiatives (articles, papers).
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- User and customer oriented.
- Good capacity of analysis and synthesis.
- Team player spirit.
- Ability to assume responsibilities and proactiveness.
- Good knowledge of EGNOS and GNSS technologies in general.
- Technical background in hardware environments.
- Project management.
- Experience in procurement procedures and the management of manufacturers and providers.
- Experience in GNSS including common protocols/formats for streaming of GNSS data.
- Security knowledge with experience in network security, communication and data security (and/or authentication solutions.
- Experience in software development, evolution and maintenance activities.
Language: English (B2) – CEFR and Spanish (desirable).
Engineering degree or equivalent.
5 years of experience in satellite navigation (GNSS) and systems engineering.
Human Resources information:
Element of package of remuneration:
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Madrid (Spain)
Type of Contract: Full time - Permanent Contract
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workerss