THE ESSP IN BRIEF
ESSP is compliant to the highest regulations & standards, being the only private pan-European certified Air Navigation Service Provider by EASA
ESSP’s core business is the provision of Pan-European space-based Communication, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) services. As multi-service CNS provider, we operate complex space-based systems and deliver critical services under strict regulation conditions.
ESSP offers specific engineering expertise including performance and network management of the latest space-based technologies such as but not limited to:
- GNSS for Navigation
- Datalink for Communications
- ADS-B technology in Surveillance
We operate high-end systems, delivering our customers safe and secure performances for greener and connected worlds.
ESSP is EGNOS Service Provider. EGNOS is the European regional satellite augmentation system (SBAS) used to improve the performance of global navigation satellite systems (GNSS).
We are a unique, medium-sized European company
European Satellite Services Provider (ESSP) was founded in 2001 and initially formed as a European Economic Interest Grouping EEIG. This legal entity was appropriate for the development phase of the company and allowed the ESSP to partake in the EC’s EGNOS programme.
In 2008, the ESSP was transformed into a new company of limited liability, ESSP SAS (“Société par Actions Simplifiée”), and moved headquarters from Brussels to Toulouse where Operations, Engineering, Safety, and Security units are located; and Torrejón de Ardoz (Madrid) where Service, Provision and Promotion units are based.
ESSP owns an Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP) certificate and is under continuous oversight by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). ESSP was the first ANSP in 2010 to own a Pan-European certificate to
allow cross-border delivery of Air Traffic Management services.
ESSP shareholders are 7 key European Air Navigation Service Providers:
- Skyguide - Schweizerische Aktiengesellschaft für zivile und militärische Flugsicherung (Switzerland)
- DFS IBS - Deutsche Flugsicherung – International Business Services (Germany)
- DSNA - Direction des Services de la Navigation Aérienne (France)
- ENAIRE (Spain)
- NATS - National Air Traffic Services (United Kingdom)
- ENAV - L'Ente Nazionale Assistenza al Volo (Italy)
- NAV Portugal E.P.E. – Navegação Aérea de Portugal (Portugal)
ESSP Management is committed to implementing the following:
- Exceed stakeholders’ expectations whilst maintaining positive social & environmental impact
- Excel in space-based CNS services provision and foster their adoption
- Remain the reference in safe & secure navigation services in Europe
- Ensure company’s sustainability and growth
- Keep focused on risk and security management at all levels of the company
- Ensure employees’ satisfaction
- Care when embracing/driving diversity and inclusion in a ‘one-company’ mind-set
140+ highly skilled professionals from 10 nationalities on two sites: Toulouse and Madrid
We form a highly skilled team. Our employees come from different backgrounds and disciplines, from aerospace to physics, engineering to telecommunications. This allows the company great flexibility to adapt to new needs and challenges.
We are eager to provide the best quality services through safe and efficient operations and management systems. We are expanding and always on the lookout for new talent.