THE ESSP IN BRIEF
We are a young and dynamic company specialized in the operations and service provision of safety-critical navigation satellite systems
Our core activity is the operations and service provision of EGNOS, the European Geostationary Navigation Overlay System.
EGNOS is a satellite based augmentation system which delivers precise satellite positioning and makes GPS suitable for safety critical applications such as flying aircrafts or navigating ships through narrow channels.
The EGNOS Service Provision contract is funded by the European Union and managed through the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) Agency (GSA), with a clear mandate to help foster the use of satellite navigation within Europe and particularly in the domain of aviation. As such, we manage the second largest contract in space by the European Commission.
In addition to the provision of EGNOS Services, ESSP expertise allows us to start a phase in which new activities and projects are foreseen in the field of:
- Satellite Navigation Services, including Galileo
- Pan-European Safety-Critical Services
- Consultancy Services in Aviation for PBN implementation
- GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems) Service Development
We are a unique, medium-sized European enterprise
European Satellite Services Provider (ESSP) was founded in 2001 and initially formed as a European Economic Interest Grouping EEIG. This legal entity was appropriate for the development phase of the company and allowed the ESSP to partake in the EC’s EGNOS program.
In 2008 the ESSP was transformed into a new company of limited liability - ESSP SAS (“Société par Actions Simplifiée”) and moved from Brussels to Toulouse (where the Headquarters, the System Operations and Compliance Management Units are located) and Torrejón de Ardoz, Madrid (where the Service Provision Unit is based).
ESSP shareholders are 7 key European Air Navigation Service Providers:
- Skyguide - Schweizerische Aktiengesellschaft für zivile und militärische Flugsicherung (Switzerland)
- DFS IBS - Deutsche Flugsicherung – International Business Services (Germany)
- DSNA - Direction des Services de la Navigation Aérienne (France)
- ENAIRE (Spain)
- NATS - National Air Traffic Services (United Kingdom)
- ENAV - L'Ente Nazionale Assistenza al Volo (Italy)
- NAV Portugal E.P.E. – Navegação Aérea de Portugal (Portugal)
ESSP owns an Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP) certificate and is under continuous oversight by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). ESSP was the first Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP) in 2010 to own a Pan-European ANSP certificate to allow cross-border delivery of Air Traffic Management services.
ESSP Management is committed to implementing the following:
- Exceed our customers’ and users’ satisfaction
- Excel in the provision of GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems) services
- Become the reference in safe & secure navigation services in Europe
- Facilitate the company growth and sustainability by seeking for diversity
- Foster the adoption of GNSS in various market segments
- Enhance risk management at all levels of the company
- Ensure employees' satisfaction and care
- Ensure health & safety at work.
100+ highly skilled professionals located at our 2 sites
We form a highly skilled and resilient team. Our employees come from different backgrounds and disciplines, from aerospace to physics, engineering to telecommunications. This allows the company great flexibility to adapt to new needs and challenges. Great minds think alike and we are well aware of this at the ESSP. We are eager to provide the best quality services through safe and efficient operations and management systems. We are expanding and always on the lookout for new talent.