THE ESSP IN BRIEF
We are an experienced and dynamic company specialized in the operations and provision of satellite-based services for aviation
Our core activities are the operations and service provision of EGNOS, the European Geostationary Navigation Overlay Service.
EGNOS is a satellite based augmentation system which delivers precise satellite positioning on top of GPS to make it suitable for safety critical applications such as landing aircrafts or navigating ships through narrow channels.
The EGNOS Service Provision contract is funded by the European Union and managed through the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) Agency (GSA), with a clear mandate to help foster the use of satellite navigation within Europe and particularly in the domain of aviation. As such, we manage the second largest contract in space by the European Commission.
In addition to the provision of EGNOS Services, ESSP expertise allows us to deliver new activities and projects in the fields of:
- Consultancy Services for aviation (PBN implementation; SBAS operations, certification and service provision)
- Provision of pan-European certified services for aviation
- Provision of global, satellite-based Communication, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) services for aviation
We are a unique, medium-sized European company
European Satellite Services Provider (ESSP) was founded in 2001 and initially formed as a European Economic Interest Grouping EEIG. This legal entity was appropriate for the development phase of the company and allowed the ESSP to partake in the EC’s EGNOS programme.
In 2008, the ESSP was transformed into a new company of limited liability, ESSP SAS (“Société par Actions Simplifiée”), and moved headquarters from Brussels to Toulouse where Operations, Engineering, Safety, and Security units are located; and Torrejón de Ardoz (Madrid) where Service, Provision and Promotion units are based.
ESSP owns an Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP) certificate and is under continuous oversight by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). ESSP was the first ANSP in 2010 to own a Pan-European certificate to
allow cross-border delivery of Air Traffic Management services.
ESSP shareholders are 7 key European Air Navigation Service Providers:
- Skyguide - Schweizerische Aktiengesellschaft für zivile und militärische Flugsicherung (Switzerland)
- DFS IBS - Deutsche Flugsicherung – International Business Services (Germany)
- DSNA - Direction des Services de la Navigation Aérienne (France)
- AENA (Spain)
- NATS - National Air Traffic Services (United Kingdom)
- ENAV - L'Ente Nazionale Assistenza al Volo (Italy)
- NAV Portugal E.P.E. – Navegação Aérea de Portugal (Portugal)
ESSP Management is committed to implementing the following:
- Exceed stakeholders’ expectations
- Excel in space-based CNS services provision and foster their adoption
- Remain the reference in safe & secure navigation services in Europe
- Ensure company’s sustainability and growth
- Keep focused on risk management at all levels of the company
- Ensure employees’ satisfaction and care
- Maintain security and confidentiality at all levels
110+ highly skilled professionals from 10 nationalities
We form a highly skilled team. Our employees come from different backgrounds and disciplines, from aerospace to physics, engineering to telecommunications. This allows the company great flexibility to adapt to new needs and challenges.
We are eager to provide the best quality services through safe and efficient operations and management systems. We are expanding and always on the lookout for new talent.