The ESSP combines the best of Space and Aviation for a specific set of users and applications.
The ESSP is the EGNOS Service Provider.
The services provided are delivered through ESSP-dedicated service centers.
In our latest satisfaction survey, GNSS users rated ESSP GNSS services as excellent.
Global Navigation Satellite Services (GNSS) are at the heart of the ESSP’s business. Our company delivers the EGNOS services, enabling safer and more accurate user-positioning than GPS-only signals. The ESSP is also committed to supporting downstream EGNOS users:
- Service development and adoption: to develop EGNOS services and promote EGNOS benefits to the different market segments (Aviation, Maritime, Rail, Agriculture, Mapping).
- User performance monitoring: to ensure transparent information and alerting services on EGNOS performances to users, including NOTAM to aviation users
- User support: to provide to EGNOS users technical advice through a 24/7 helpdesk, a dedicated user support website and service status notifications. Users are also informed on system improvements and service evolutions.
- EDAS: to provide in real-time via the internet to registered users GNSS raw-data and the EGNOS messages.
Pan-European Safety-Critical Services
In the context of the EGNOS Safety-of-Life service to aviation users, the ESSP has a strong track-record for seamless operations and maintenance of a system dedicated to critical-application users.
All EGNOS system evolutions involving both hardware and software have been successfully managed by the ESSP. Not a single service impact has been deplored at user-level for any of these evolutions.
Our teams define and maintain operational concepts commensurate with the requirements of safety-critical systems. The expertise provided by the ESSP ranges from the initial definition of optimized operational concepts, to turn-key solutions for deployed systems and H24 operations of safety-critical services. Our operations and services are supported by field-proven safety and security management systems.
The ESSP’s experience includes execution of a performance-based contract under a stringent Service Level Agreement.
Satellite-based CNS Services for the connected aircraft
(CNS: Communication, Navigation, Surveillance)
Through SESAR, the European Commission has set an objective for increased efficiency of the ATM services, going through the so-called “digitalisation of ATM service”. The latter will change the current services towards a trend of consolidation at SES (Single European Sky) level and more flexible contractual framework.
As a communication mean, satellite is an excellent enabler of Pan-European (or global) provision of ATM services, allowing access to a specific service from a large area without the need for ground infrastructure. EGNOS is the perfect example and first Pan-European satellite-based CNS service. As soon as EGNOS safety-of-life service was declared by ESSP in 2011, its access was guaranteed within the full coverage area without the need for any additional ground infrastructure to be managed and maintained locally.
The business case for satellite-based CNS may cover different ambitions as ground-based technology and infrastructure evolve:
- It may first be seen as continuity mean to extend ground-based infrastructure towards oceanic regions where separation minima are less stringent.
- Satellite-based technology enables harmonization in a situation of fragmented European airspaces.
- It enables rationalization, initially at ANSP level, then at EU level by providing access to a shared capacity, for a more efficient use a CNS resources.
- Satellite-based service may eventually provide a satisfactory alternative to monopolistic service situations.
Thanks to its unique expertise as satellite-based Navigation service provider, and to its aviation DNA, ESSP’s ambition is expand its business to satellite-based Communication and Surveillance services, this for the benefit of the connected aircraft. The company is investing in different opportunities in these fields.
Satellite Navigation Services GNSS
Through the EGNOS and GNSS service centres, equipment and application developers from all sectors can benefit from a standard and free-of-charge expertise on GNSS downstream applications in all sectors (see above Satellite Navigation Services). Our enthusiast sector-specific experts can also deliver on-demand support for various stage of GNSS product and service development such as regulatory framework advices, service definition and marketing or sector specific adoption plans.
Export and GNSS Consulting
At the same time as there is a growing interest from airlines to have their fleet equipped with SBAS capable avionics, some regions of the world are seeking to own and operate their own SBAS system (Republic of Korea, Africa…).
ESSP is therefore supporting the implementation of new SBAS service providers organizations thanks to its very specific expertise in this field.
Aviation Consultancy Services
The ESSP provides Consultancy Services to ANSPs, CAAs, NSAs and airport operators for the implementation of GNSS/EGNOS based Performance Based Navigation (PBN) procedures offering to its clients comprehensive and tailored solutions.
|Click here to know more about our 4 different levels of Consultancy Services!|