EGNOS Deployment Project Leader – F/M
ESSP, a private company with 7 major European Air Navigation Service Providers as shareholders, manages the operation and supports the adoption of the European Satellite Based Augmentation System to GPS: EGNOS.
ESSP Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojO8TAitQoc
The adoption of this service is rapidly growing given it allows correcting the GPS signal and offers enhanced features with accurate positioning and integrity within safety-of-life services context such as public transportation.
ESSP Website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/human-resources/careers/
We are looking for an EGNOS Deployment Project Manager responsible for managing the deployment of new versions of the EGNOS system or other large-scale EGNOS operations projects, with around 10 years' experience in space/aeronautical operations, including 2 years in project management.
You will be integrated into the EGNOS operations coordination team, at the heart of the operations of one of the European Union's major space systems.
Activities linked to the deployment of new versions:
The management of some new EGNOS system releases (ESR) deployments, or other major operational projects, in accordance both with the deployment management process, and the company's project management methods.
- Project definition; definition and implementation of the project management plan;
- Coordination of activities; leading the project team made up of members of several members of ESSP;
- Monitoring of compliance with objectives, schedule, quality and costs, including the use and update of project management tools, with the collaboration of the Project Support team;
- Reporting to the project steering committee and ESSP Management;
- Interface with the customer; support to the EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) interface.
For this purpose, you actively participate in the follow-up of the ESR development with the Industry and the the Client EUSPA (European Union Space Agency for the Space Programme), this includes:
- Reviewing industrial documents, in particular all documents concerning the different activities of your team: production of procedures, of the operational deployment plan, configuration management, monitoring of test phases, etc.;
- Participation in the various reviews marking the development cycle of the version;
- You will be a referent providing useful information for your and a spokesperson for the issues related to operations coordination with the Industry and EUSPA;
The coordination of the use of the EGNOS-TEST platform, i.e. the follow-up of the schedule of this platform and of the different activities planned, and the coordination with the other ESSP teams, the Industry and EUSPA; In collaboration with your colleagues in charge of operations and software configuration management, the follow-up of some system validation phases by the Industry on the EGNOS-TEST platform, that is to say:
- The Management of the handovers of the EGNOS-TEST platform between ESSP and EUSPA or the Industry;
- The complete follow-up of the validation phase in order to make compatible the needs of the Industry and ESSP, including the planning of activities such as equipment replacements, reconfigurations, or other operations.
As far as possible, a single deployment project manager should monitor the development of the ESR, the validation phase of the ESR and the deployment project in order to have a global view of all stakes related to the ESR.
- Provide back-up for other activities of your team where criticality requires it: support to daily operations, configuration management, back-up of the Operations Coordinator;
- Participation in business development activities on topics requiring operational expertise;
- Contribution to other ESSP projects outside EGNOS e.g. SBAS export, aeronautical surveillance, etc.
- Participation in the implementation of operations of future ESSP operated systems.
- In the medium/long term, you will be a major player in the project to migrate the EGNOS system to the new major version EGNOS V3.
- Project management and the ability to take on responsibility.
Teamwork and a global vision of a system and associated constraints.
- Pragmatism and a culture of compromise.
- SBAS systems, space or aeronautical system operations and complex system development processes.
Language: English (B2) – CEFR.
Engineering degree or equivalent.
Available for punctual travels in Europe.
Human Resources information:
Element of package of remuneration:
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of Contract: Full time/Permanent
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.