EGNOS Support Segment Service Manager – F/M
Created in 2009, ESSP is a young and dynamic company, a pan European service provider, certified by EASA (the European Union Aviation Safety Agency) to deliver safety-critical services. Our mission is to operate and provide Communication, Navigation and Surveillance(CNS) services, among which, the main one is, the EGNOS service (the European Geostationary Navigation Overlay Service), on behalf of the EUSPA (the European Agency for Space).
ESSP Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_FKtcaN8YE
ESSP Website career: https://www.essp-sas.eu/human-resources/careers/
We are looking for a Support Segment Manager in charge of the Support Segment part of the European satellite navigation system EGNOS with 5 years of experience in the domain of space/aeronautics operations.
EGNOS is a ground segment composed of a network of ground stations spread over Europe and beyond. The data collected by these stations are processed by central processing facilities to produce various corrections and parameters, which are transmitted to users via geostationary satellites. The system is controlled by Mission Control Centers. All data collected and generated by EGNOS have to be retrieved, archived and processed on a daily basis for the EGNOS system operations needs. That’s the role of the support segment. The Support Segment Responsible is in charge of the operational exploitation of the platform and of the EGNOS data management in order to provide the key data which are essential for the daily work of engineering and operation teams.
You will be integrated into the EGNOS operations coordination team, at the heart of the operations of one of the European Union's major space systems.
Support segment platform exploitation:
- Exploitation of the EGNOS Support Segment platform processing chains, both at functional (production from tools) and system (backups, disks space management, etc.) level;
- Technical coordination of the Support Segment Team;
- EGNOS data management including
Legal archiving of EGNOS data and of associated processing.
- 1st level analysis and monitoring of anomalies encountered in the processing chains (lack of input data, incomplete results, etc.) ;
- Creation and distribution of contractual deliverables;
- Monitoring of internal indicators;
- Evolution management: planning, deployment and performance of operational qualification tests of new software versions;
- Implementation of the internal tools needed for the proper functioning of the platform as well as their developments linked to new technological constraints;
- Configuration management of the operational chains.
- Documentation linked to the operation of the platform;
Provide support to the Operations Manager by ensuring his/her back-up occasionally
Support to Business Development projects:
- Contribution to projects and support to Business Development activities:
o In the frame of call for tenders and execution of projects: provide contribution on topics requiring support segment operational expertise,
o Participate in the implementation of operations and contributions to future systems operated by ESSP.
- Good knowledge of operating an IT platform, in particular in the following environment: Linux, Windows Server 2008/Windows 7, Web environment, Netbackup, databases, virtual machine…;
- Knowledge of space operation systems in general (EGNOS in particular, if possible);
- Team management skills;
- Autonomy, organisation and ability to assume responsibilities;
- Ability to take initiative and to summarise;
- Ability to work in team;
- Customer oriented.
Languages: English (B2-C1) - CEFR
Engineering degree or equivalent
Subject to minimum presence during usual holiday periods (summer, Christmas, etc)
Human Resources information:
Element of package of remuneration:
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of Contract: Full time - Permanent Contract
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.