Operations Engineer – F/M
Created in 2009, ESSP is a young and dynamic company, a pan European service provider, certified by EASA (the European Union Aviation Safety Agency) to deliver safety-critical services. Our mission is to operate and provide Communication, Navigation and Surveillance(CNS) services, among which, the main one is, the EGNOS service (the European Geostationary Navigation Overlay Service), on behalf of the EUSPA (the European Agency for Space).
ESSP Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_FKtcaN8YE
ESSP Website career: https://www.essp-sas.eu/human-resources/careers/
As an Operations Engineer you will be in charge of the short and medium-term supervision of operations, first and foremost of the EGNOS system, in terms of scheduling, monitoring and Operators support.
We are looking for someone with 0 to 5 years’ experience in the space or aeronautics domain, with good knowledge of complex systems operations and a high level of English, who wants to work in an international environment.
If you are a good team worker and enjoy working with autonomy and initiative, this is the opportunity for you!
- The production and validation of the weekly EGNOS Joint Operations Schedule (JOS), according to the constraints imposed by the EGNOS Operations planning process. This includes preventive maintenance tasks, network interventions, new configurations, new system releases versions deployment…
- The preparation and the chair of the weekly Operation Control Board, in charge of the supervision and sharing of the operations schedule with the Mission Control Centers (MCC). This includes taking into consideration the recommendations from the analysis of the operations’ impacts on the users, and resolving potential conflicts in terms of operations planning as well as relations with the control centers;
- Representing the Operations team at the Operations Management Board (OMB) and processing raised actions and resolving potential operational conflicts ;
- Monitor and verify the proper execution of the weekly JOS on a daily basis. This monitoring is performed by analysing the so called “Work Orders” managed in the Operations management tool, and with direct contacts with the MCC and/or the ground stations entities;
- In relation with the previous item, providing support to the MCC Operators regarding the execution of the JOS. For this purpose, you will be ESSP Point of Contact to the MCC and handle the support to the MCC and the Maintainers of the ground stations entities ;
- The participation to the monitoring and control operations as Operator of the “EGNOS-TEST” validation platform, from the dedicated Test Control Center ;
- To ensure the smooth running of the security operations already in place on the EGNOS system (hardware and software security);
o The operational monitoring of security components, and their maintenance if necessary;
o The operational monitoring of security activities and good practices;
o The processing of security incidents within the scope of EGNOS operations;
- With security experts team, implement the new security elements (hardware and software security) currently being developed on the EGNOS system;
o Participate in the reviews of the successive versions of the ad hoc industrial documents, first of all the lockdown policy,
o Identify and implement actions to be carried out at ESSP level for the proper implementation of new security equipment or new security practices;
- Be the point of contact for the operations team on all matters related to operational security.
Support to the team:
- You will participate in a more or less significant way, to ensure the back-up of certain operational tasks for which your colleagues are responsible for.
Project contributions and evolution:
- Call for tenders: direct participation or support on topics requiring operational expertise.
- Participation to the implementation of operations, and contribution to the operations of future systems operated by ESSP.
- Participation in the preparation for the major evolution of the system to V3
- Strong autonomy, shows initiative
- Able to synthetize, global vision of a system and its constraints
- Team worker, good relational skills and customer-orientated
- Capacity to assume responsibilities
- Knowledge of complex systems operations
- Experience of projects in an international (European) context would be interesting
- Experience or training in the field of security would be interesting
Languages: High English Level (B2) - CEFR
Engineering degree or equivalent
Available for punctual travels mainly in Europe
Subject to exceptional constraints of minimum presence during normal vacation periods (July/August, Christmas, February, Easter).
Human Resources information:
Element of package of remuneration:
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of Contract: Full time - Permanent Contract
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.