Project Management Engineer – F/M
ESSP, a private company with 7 major European Air Navigation Service Providers as shareholders, manages the operation and supports the adoption of the European Satellite Based Augmentation System to GPS: EGNOS.
ESSP Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojO8TAitQoc
The adoption of this service is rapidly growing given it allows correcting the GPS signal and offers enhanced features with accurate positioning and integrity within safety-of-life services context such as public transportation.
ESSP Website: https://www.essp-sas.eu/human-resources/careers/
We are looking for a Project Management Engineer with at least 7 years of experience in leadership of international and multi-stakeholder projects understanding European regulations. You will support ESSP Project Leaders on projects, services management and cost estimates practices, you will contribute to the enhancement and deployment of project management culture and practices.
Apart from this two main mission of the position, you could be responsible for leading a technical team and ensuring the proper project execution and delivery in accordance with the Project Management Plan (PMP), opportunities and unplanned events.
Support for the project culture at ESSP and improvement of the project management kit:
- Animating the community of project leaders and bid technical coordinators;
- Supporting project leaders to select the right project management methodology, to implement the proper referential, to analyze project status & risks and to support them in decision-making;
- Contributing to improving project cost estimation during the bid phase;
- Animating Quarterly Delivery Reviews;
- Support in the elaboration of projects & service lines portfolio reports/dashboards to internal/external instances;
- Suggesting improvements and improving the project management referential;
- Providing awareness and trainings sessions on Project Management & Cost estimation;
- Leveraging Operational Quality practices;
- Rely on Quality Engineer to deploy project management practices,
As Project Leader, your responsibilities cover the following domains, throughout the different project phases, from initiating to closing, based on the related tender proposal, in accordance with the whole set of commitments to the customer, and the agreements with business partners (suppliers, subcontractors), within the predefined cost and time constraints:
Project integration: apprehend the project in its environment, defining the interfaces and dependencies within the ESSP projects & services portfolio, developing & maintaining the Project Management Plan (PMP). Managing the project team & coordinating the activities of internal and external contributors ensuring the successful execution of the PMP. Managing project knowledge; leadings project and steering committee meetings; reportings to the Service Leader if the Project scope is within a Service.
- Predictive, or hybrid lifecycle: with the functional/technical team, analyse and control all types of requirements, prevent scope creep; define and maintain the PBS and WBS (product and work breakdown structures);
- Adaptive lifecycle: with the customer/product owner, manage the backlog content with respect to the baseline estimated project size and complexity.
- Contribute to the identification of possible new customer needs; Manage amendments in coordination with the ESSP business coordinator.
Schedule management: define, the most relevant project lifecycle; defining and maintaining the schedule in the ESSP project planning tool (Tasks GANTT, sequence, milestones, interdependencies; etc.).
Cost management: controlling all types of costs, including expenses and those related to resources; identifying risk of possible cost overrun. Ensuring oversight and compliance of estimated costs, forecast, procurement, invoices and reporting.
Quality management: plan and run tests and reviews to meet the quality criteria. Identify root causes of any quality shortcomings, taking sustainable corrective actions. Ensure the customer satisfaction and conduct related periodic enquiries;
Resource management: secure, manage and monitor the allocation of resources throughout the project in coordination with team leaders and business unit managers.
Communications management: ensure the proper communication on the project (awareness and training).
Risk & opportunity management: managing the risk analysis and follow-up, and escalating as needed, putting in place all required activities to identify and mitigate the risks; identifying potential opportunities and maximise their benefits.
Procurement management: managing the suppliers/subcontractors contracts in coordination with the supplier contract holder;
Stakeholder management: creating the synchronisation with involved stakeholders, such as authorities, agencies and service providers, collaborate through relevant active interaction and meetings.
The following skills will be assessed in your application:
- Support Change management
- Ability to coach, pedagogical approach
- Good capacity of analysis, synthesis and reporting
- Team and collaborative spirit & Team Management
- Strong knowledge in estimates methods
- Expertise in project managements and associated tools and methods
Language: English (B2) – CEFR.
Engineering degree or equivalent.
Available for punctual travels in Europe.
Human Resources information:
Element of package of remuneration:
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Job Location: Toulouse (France)
Type of Contract: Full time/Permanent
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.