Satellite Datalink Service Leader – F/M
Created in 2009, ESSP is a young and dynamic company, a pan European service provider, certified by EASA (the European Union Aviation Safety Agency) to deliver safety-critical services. Our mission is to operate and provide Communication, Navigation and Surveillance(CNS) services, among which, the main one is, the EGNOS service (the European Geostationary Navigation Overlay Service), on behalf of the EUSPA (the European Agency for Space).
ESSP Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_FKtcaN8YE
ESSP Website career: https://www.essp-sas.eu/human-resources/careers/
If you have at least 10 years’ experience in aeronautical communication with focus in data link services, application or satellite technologies, an experience in leadership of international and/or stakeholder projects with strong competencies in project and service management, then this position is for you!
By joining us, you will lead SATCOM service and ensure a service provision in line with the Service Level Agreement with the customers (Air Traffic Service Providers) and subcontractors in line with the Service Management Plan.
SATCOM Overall Service Provision Manager of the SATCOM Service Provision contract. Including:
o Provision of the service according to the Service Management Plan,
o Interface with ESSP management team through periodic Service Steering Committees and other management meetings,
o Interface with ESSP teams to ensure a unique voice towards the customers,
o Ensure that all technical, managerial and administrative activities are performed in compliance with the contract and in due time,
o Management of the overall Service provision, its schedule in coordination with Project Team,
o Management of risks associated with the service,
o Coordination on the definition of contingencies and associated communication plan,
o Ensure to maintain the ESSP certification in Communication.
- Management of the customer and subcontractor Service Level Agreements as accountable of the Key Performance Indicators status including the establishment of mitigation actions to improve their values if relevant,
- Interfaces with European stakeholders,
- Management of the relationship with key stakeholders, including customer and user satisfaction,
- Management of the reporting and meetings with the SATCOM customers, users and stakeholders, including key subcontractors in the end-to-end service operational chain,
- Measuring and ensuring customers satisfaction,
- Conflicts management with the customers in coordination with ESSP Teams,
- Budget and resources monitoring and accountability. Ensure that the actual charges and costs related to the Service activities (ESSP own costs as well as subcontracted activities) are appropriate and in line with the budget, and take appropriate actions in case the financial performance of the contract is not met,
- Management of the Service portfolio and identification of service evolution needs and contract changes opportunities, supporting the Strategy and Business Unit in the definition of new service proposals to the customers,
- Contributing to the implementation of evolution or new SATCOM Service Provision contract,
- Establishing and maintaining the service delivery processes in the company.
- Leadership and team spirit
- Project and Service Management
- Customer satisfaction oriented
- Experience in Service Level Agreement management and Customer satisfaction
- Experience in international and multi-stakeholder projects
- Good understanding of European regulation (such as, but not limited to, Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2021/116 (Common project 1-CP1), Single European Sky (SES) regulatory framework and European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) regulation) as well as applicable standards (ICAO, EUROCAE, RTCA, ARINC…)
- knowledge of data link satellite-based communication services supporting Aircraft Communication Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS)-based applications, ATN-B1, ATS-B2 & ATS-B3
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Capability to anticipate, identify risk and to mitigate them by proposing solutions or alternatives
- Ability to step-back and to get the global picture to manage priorities and actions in case of issues
- Strong autonomy proactivity and ability to assume responsibilities
- Shows initiative and is able to synthesize
Language: English (B2) – CEFR and Spanish (desirable)
Engineering degree or equivalent
Experience in international and multi-stakeholder projects (EC, SESAR, CINEA, ESA Program among others)
Availability for regular travels, mainly in Europe
Human Resources information:
Element of package of remuneration:
Please send your application file only by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Madrid (Spain)
Type of Contract: Full time - Permanent Contract
ESSP is committed to cultural diversity, gender equality and the employment of disabled workers.